Aller au contenu

REM - Prolongement vers Dorval

acpnc

Messages recommendés

10 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Strange, and disheartening, that this wasn’t included in ARTM’s stimulus plan.

might have to do with who will pay.  There are many parties that must come to an agreement: CDPQ-I, Nouvel-R, ADM, Federal goverment, provincial goverment, ARTM, Via rail (they would needto reconstruct or at least link their station). 

Well, the stimulus plan as presented briefly describes the need to modernize the Dorval intermodal hub, but doesn’t mention REM at all.

Item 10.1.2 in the PDF

80BD39CF-23D6-4A23-A6D1-B9B1B0CF5C4A.jpeg

Modifié par SameGuy
  • Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, SameGuy a dit :

Well, the stimulus plan as presented briefly describes the need to modernize the Dorval intermodal hub, but doesn’t mention REM at all.

Item 10.1.2 in the PDF

80BD39CF-23D6-4A23-A6D1-B9B1B0CF5C4A.jpeg

It looks like they're talking about bus hubs. I don't think there is much to it... Plus an extension to Dorval is not something that can be accomplished "quickly" to kickstart the economy, although I agree in the long term it makes a lot of sense to build a true intermodal hub (with Via Rail, buses, REM)

I suppose so, eh?

I'd counter that a true intermodal hub — easy transfer between city and regional buses, metro (REM), local and inter-city trains — might cost $250 million and easily take two or three years to design and build, and would definitely be a huge benefit. Seems like it fits the stimulus plan.

• Like 3

il y a 7 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

I suppose so, eh?

I'd counter that a true intermodal hub — easy transfer between city and regional buses, metro (REM), local and inter-city trains — might cost $250 million and easily take two or three years to design and build, and would definitely be a huge benefit. Seems like it fits the stimulus plan.

my point is more that I think a Dorval intermodal hub would be dependent on much larger projects that will take much longer to build. I'm thinking Via Rail's high frequency trains project, the REM extension, etc. 

• Like 1

What the REM has said on this in the comments section of their Instagram page:

• b_hd_n   Are there still ongoing discussions about a station in Dorval city, not just the airport?
  • rem_metro @b_hd_n   The federal government has launched an analysis to study the feasibility of a station in Dorval. We will work and collaborate with them, as there are many different parameters to consider.

Still hope ! :begging:

• Like 1

il y a 38 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

That’s been their boilerplate answer for two years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Rightly so, in my view.  The onus is not on the CDPQ-i, but on other parties  (e.g. the federal gov.) who might feel/think that an extension of the REM to the rail station in Dorval is worthwhile,  and are prepared to pay to achieve this goal. 

• Like 1

Yes, so why does CDPQi keep getting asked about it? Marc Garneau last spoke about it in September and said no decisions will be made until after the federal election in October. Has anyone asked Minister Garneau about it since then?