Aller au contenu

REM - Prolongement vers Dorval

acpnc

Messages recommendés

If and when, that’ll likely be announced separately. In politics, every single entente, concord, compromise has to be paraded as a singular victory, even if part of a bigger idea. Note the Air Canada package is separate from any aviation aid plan. Now they can claim it as distinct achievements.

Has anyone ever produced a report/study that supports the idea that Dorval station as a transit hub?

From day one it's always sounded to me as a political project (from the Dorval perspective) and cost saving measure (ADM).

The whole point that it's currently a big STM transit hub thus should be connected to the REM has never made much sense to me, you can pretty much ignore the VIA/Exo passengers because those represent a negligible ridership and the STM bus ridership (a huge proportion of which is express busses to Lionel-Groulx/downtown) will surely switch to the WI branch of the REM.  So what percentage of the current ridership remains to justify the idea of "Dorval transit hub"?

That question has never been answered. All the justifications and discussions have only been on a qualitative level.

9 minutes ago, Spiter_01 said:

Has anyone ever produced a report/study that supports the idea that Dorval station as a transit hub?

From day one it's always sounded to me as a political project (from the Dorval perspective) and cost saving measure (ADM).

The whole point that it's currently a big STM transit hub thus should be connected to the REM has never made much sense to me, you can pretty much ignore the VIA/Exo passengers because those represent a negligible ridership and the STM bus ridership (a huge proportion of which is express busses to Lionel-Groulx/downtown) will surely switch to the WI branch of the REM.  So what percentage of the current ridership remains to justify the idea of "Dorval transit hub"?

That question has never been answered. All the justifications and discussions have only been on a qualitative level.

I think in this scenario its a lot of "its so damn close, why not". You get the dorval VIA station, the dorval EXO station, and the area of dorval just south of the circle (a short walk under the 20)

Kind of like the extension to Bois Franc. But I'm starting to realise that perhaps these seemingly very common sense and "easy" extensions are getting blocked behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, montrealgoalie said:

I think in this scenario its a lot of "its so damn close, why not". You get the dorval VIA station, the dorval EXO station, and the area of dorval just south of the circle (a short walk under the 20)

Kind of like the extension to Bois Franc. But I'm starting to realise that perhaps these seemingly very common sense and "easy" extensions are getting blocked behind the scenes.

Extending the REM to Dorval is not an easy thing.  There are many parties involved: CDPQ, NouvelR, ADM, the Fed, CN, CP, AMT, ministère transport QC, Dorval city, MTL city (I'm sure I'm missing some)..  Quite the challenge to coordinate them to figure out who pays construction, who pays operations, who provides the specs for the stations, who looses land, how the work gets done with minimal obstructions, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danny12345 said:

Extending the REM to Dorval is not an easy thing.  There are many parties involved: CDPQ, NouvelR, ADM, the Fed, CN, CP, AMT, ministère transport QC, Dorval city, MTL city (I'm sure I'm missing some)..  Quite the challenge to coordinate them to figure out who pays construction, who pays operations, who provides the specs for the stations, who looses land, how the work gets done with minimal obstructions, etc.

That's true, although I like my conspiracy theory of CDPQ not wanting it to happen, though it doesn't make much sense.

• Like 1

On 2021-04-13 at 12:52 PM, montrealgoalie said:

I think they are, CDPQ-Infra is so secretive and is not cooperating with many of the transit autorities. I work for the STM and thats the feedback I'm getting from people in network planning.

From what I can see is that the REM is forcing people to use it and wanting others to have the same rights. Also what bothers me alot is that the REM doesn't cross the river at Anse-A-L'Orme to Vaudrueil and Marie-Victorin to Laval, or Riviere-Des-Prairies to Repantigny/Terrebonne. I see it as a missed oppertunity to remove congestion from the bridges going into Montreal.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, JelloBooBoy said:

I think they are, CDPQ-Infra is so secretive and is not cooperating with many of the transit authorities. I work for the STM and thats the feedback I'm getting from people in network planning.

From what I can see is that the REM is forcing people to use it and wanting others to have the same rights. Also what bothers me alot is that the REM doesn't cross the river at Anse-A-L'Orme to Vaudrueil and Marie-Victorin to Laval, or Riviere-Des-Prairies to Repantigny / Terrebonne. I see it as a missed oppertunity to remove congestion from the bridges going into Montreal.

We already have the Exo Hudson line to Windsor station servicing the area; why a second spur?

Le 2021-04-13 à 14:24, danny12345 a dit :

The underground belong to the government.If i i refer to the law of the mines. Then they could dig underneat without bothering with anyone. 

il y a 8 minutes, Doctor D a dit :

We already have the Exo Hudson line to Windsor station servicing the area; why a second spur?

More we have a networking transit more the public transport is competitive with car commuting.  Also the service on the Hudson line doesn't have a high frequency.

• Like 2

exo1 Vaudreuil-Hudson, as well-situated as it is, is a terrible suburban rail line. With just 14k passengers per day, it barely even qualifies as “mass transit.” It needs about $400 million in upgrades and $250 million in new (electric) rolling stock just to bring it to early-21st-century standards.

• Like 1

Il y a 5 heures, SameGuy a dit :

exo1 Vaudreuil-Hudson, as well-situated as it is, is a terrible suburban rail line. With just 14k passengers per day, it barely even qualifies as “mass transit.” It needs about $400 million in upgrades and $250 million in new (electric) rolling stock just to bring it to early-21st-century standards.

Ce serait aussi intéressant comme investissement, sinon plus, qu’un prolongement du REM vers Vaudreuil d’après moi. Y faire passer des trains aux 15 minutes, comme la défunte AMT prévoyait le faire, serait un game changer. Ça donnerait des options aux gens de l’ouest de l’île et ça permet une meilleure résilience au réseau de TEC.

Panne du REM? On fait bifurquer les bus vers les gares de EXO et vice-versa. 

• Like 2