Aller au contenu

Transports en commun - Discussion générale

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

I was born here and raised here and have lived here 98% of my life, and if I have to vote based on some indecipherable party logo? Nobody's getting my vote. I have no idea what any of those are other than the red one being UK-style liberal (red is conservative everywhere else).

3 hours ago, KOOL said:

2023-11-23-pallas.png

Comme j'ai dit, ils ont un autre 3 ans de pouvoir avec une super majorite... 3 ans. On a le temps d'en faire des sondages avec toute sorte de resultats differents.

This time last year, the PQ was scraping the bottom of polls. Things can change very quickly in just a year. 

• Thanks 1

il y a une heure, SameGuy a dit :

The party that keeps the priorities of all citizens front and centre will get my vote, red or blues.

Impossible task...

Some people want to tax the rich (usually the people who want that don't consider themselves rich, but that is probably just a coincidence...), while some others priority is lower taxes.

Others prioritize more immigration to have more diversity while others want less to fight the housing crisis.

We could go on but no party will be able to keep the priorities of all citizens front and centre.

Maybe the Rhinoceros Party could make a comeback and keep the priorities on no one front and centre...  That would be fair to everyone...

🦏🦏🦏

• D'accord 2
  • Haha 1

Fair enough. Peut-être devrais-je reformuler: le parti qui promet de prendre en compte les besoins réels de cette province et de ses citoyens plutôt que de perdre du temps, d'effort et de l'argent à la construction d'un système d'apartheid linguistique et culturel... obtiendra mon vote.

3 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Fair enough. Peut-être devrais-je reformuler: le parti qui promet de prendre en compte les besoins réels de cette province et de ses citoyens plutôt que de perdre du temps, d'effort et de l'argent à la construction d'un système d'apartheid linguistique et culturel... obtiendra mon vote.

They can do both lol.. always found that to be a strange argument, as if a government couldn't do multiple things through multiple departments.

What I wish they'd stop doing though, is trying to pander to EVERYONE because that's how you end up with a government that gets nothing done. I don't need them to get YOUR vote because they wouldn't anyway. Like I said before, 3 years left with a super majority, forget the polls and what the media says now, get to work, take the unpopular short term decisions that will pay off in the long term, quit trying to go for easy wins.

Btw, "Apartheid" is a very strong word to use here, not even comparable in the slightest way lol. You have the biggest anglophone province an hour west and the biggest anglophone country an hour south.

Anyway quite off topic at this point.

• Like 3
  • D'accord 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...
On 2023-12-16 at 5:21 PM, ToxiK said:

Maybe the Rhinoceros Party could make a comeback and keep the priorities on no one front and centre... 

Are you implying that the Rhinoceros Party ever had a real momentum?

Sure, moats around each riding! That'll make gerrymandering a lot harder!

• Haha 3

il y a 23 minutes, DJJB a dit :

Are you implying that the Rhinoceros Party ever had a real momentum?

Personnellement, j'ai toujours voté pour eux jusqu'à leur disparition. J'avais été charmé par leur promesse de paver le Saint-Laurent. Rappelons qu'il s'agissait d'un parti «fédéral».

• Haha 1