Aller au contenu

Le Peterson - 34 étages

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

le Peterson project is half baked and badly situated, is not contributing to the PdA skyline more than the UQAM building (used to project slide shows during events on its ugly walls ).

imagine for a sec this shape rising above the wasteland between de Maisonneuve and beyond Sherbrooke.

can we rejuvenate Montreal?

021.JPG

(Absolute World / Marilyn Monroe Towers - Condo Project - Mississauga, ON)

Si le projet du Peterson avait été construit à Toronto, nous aurions un mur rideau de verre derrière ses balcons. Mais comme nous sommes à Montréal, on se retrouve avec des fenêtres carrées sur un mur de gypse recouvert de plaques d'aluminium... En espérant que les balustrades des balcons viennent alléger le tout.

While I do hate the look of much of today's architecture in Montreal, I don't think that glass curtain walls are the way to go. I have plenty of friends in Toronto who live in these glass towers and for the most part they hate them. Too cold in the winter due to poor insulation across the outside-facing wall and too hot in the summer. Winters in Montreal at substantially more brutal than in Toronto and with the level of condo construction quality here being equal or worse than that of Toronto, I don't think all-glass facades are a good solution.

Winters in Montreal at substantially more brutal than in Toronto

I find the word substantially to be quite an exageration. The differential between both cities has been approximately 3 degrees in the last years. That means that when it's -15 in Mtl, it's -12 in Tor. Nothing to get outside in a bikini.......

I find the word substantially to be quite an exageration. The differential between both cities has been approximately 3 degrees in the last years. That means that when it's -15 in Mtl, it's -12 in Tor. Nothing to get outside in a bikini.......

Look at their average temperature difference from October to April. ;) 5.7 degrees. That's huge.

Look at their average temperature difference from October to April. ;) 5.7 degrees. That's huge.

I agree 100%. The difference in Spring and Fall temps is outstanding. People get so butthurt when you mention it though. I don't understand why. ;)

I agree 100%. The difference in Spring and Fall temps is outstanding. People get so butthurt when you mention it though. I don't understand why. ;)

I lived in both places and it's way more mild in Toronto.

Way less snow and less intense wind chill. Dunno why people trip either. It is what it is.

Je suis passé hier soir vers 20 h sur la rue Concorde: sinistre! Un seul réverbère illumine (si peu) toute la rue. Avec le Peterson dans la noirceur, on a hâté de quitter l'endroit. Puis on débouche sur Bleury vers Sherbrooke dans la même pénombre. La Ville a du travail à faire de ce côté du QdS.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk