Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

That Facebook group has 13,068 members. I hope at least that many go to the game. I hope they fill the joint, even if it is the Knicks against the Raptors. There's a lot more basketball fans in Montreal than we think. The problem is that most of them are not wealthy enough to afford regular season tickets at NBA prices. Therein lies the reason there is no NBA team here. But hey, there's markets in the NBA that are really horrible, so Montreal can't be as worse as Oakland, Seattle (who lost their team), Atlanta. Why not Montreal then? Molson would love the extra cash. Tie the NBA team's tickets in with Habs regular season tickets, so that people have to buy both as a set like Leafs-Raptors and Knicks-Rangers

publicité
  • Réponses 45
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

The only reason this game MIGHT be sold out is cause the knicks are in town.

I love the Knicks. Which I could be in Montreal for such a game, but I can see my team when the come to Toronto anything. Not that their worth seeing...

Damn Isaiah Thomas as a "consultant"

That's like the Habs bringing back Reggie Houle and Mario Tremblay as "consultants".

Why not Montreal then? Molson would love the extra cash. Tie the NBA team's tickets in with Habs regular season tickets, so that people have to buy both as a set like Leafs-Raptors and Knicks-Rangers

Because there aren't as many NBA fans aas you might expect. Take the time to watch RDS for a whole week during the NHL/NBA/NFL season (oct to december) and you,ll quickly find out that there are many days where they don't even mention the NBA...and if they do, it's for about 20 seconds. The vast majority of people in this city couldn,t care less about Basketball. Sure, the Bell Centre might sell out for a pre-season game, but this will be a novelty, alot of people will show up, just because it,s new...once it has been around for a while, i doubt we could sell 10,000 tickets a game!

The on-sale date for tickets is Saturday, August 28 at noon. Tickets are available at the Bell Centre box office, by calling (514) 790-2525 or on evenko.ca.

Ticket prices are $9, $19, $29, $39, $59, $69, $89 and $119. Courtside seating is also available at $250, $350 and $500.

http://www.nba.com/raptors

Presale Aug. 26th and 27th.

$500 it is :) Finally a proper bday gift for my father.

If this goes well. I wonder if they would try and do this more often during the year or it be like once a year.

Because there aren't as many NBA fans aas you might expect.

Judging by my Facebook homepage during the NBA finals, we might be underestimating how many people follow basketball. Granted, I'm what would be considered a visible minority and most of my friends are also visible minorities...they are the basketball fans of Montreal. Who cares if it's not on RDS. Since when did RDS become the symbol of sport in Quebec? Does RDS's coverage of the English Premier League mirror the interest of that league in Montreal? Definitely NOT, and anyone who's been to a pub or bar during big Premiership or F.A. Cup matches can agree to that. Does RDS's coverage of the NBA mirror the interest in that league in Montreal, especially among Montrealers who are visible minorities? NO.

Enough with the RDS argument, I've heard it too often and it's insulting because it's doesn't take into consideration the hundreds of thousands of people who like a sport. Not everyone is a Canadiens fan.

Go Habs Go, but on average RDS only gets 1.4 million viewers for a Canadiens game. In a province of 7 million people, only 1.4 million people (on average) are Habs fans? See, this is why the RDS argument fails.

Judging by my Facebook homepage during the NBA finals, we might be underestimating how many people follow basketball. Granted, I'm what would be considered a visible minority and most of my friends are also visible minorities...they are the basketball fans of Montreal. Who cares if it's not on RDS. Since when did RDS become the symbol of sport in Quebec? Does RDS's coverage of the English Premier League mirror the interest of that league in Montreal? Definitely NOT, and anyone who's been to a pub or bar during big Premiership or F.A. Cup matches can agree to that. Does RDS's coverage of the NBA mirror the interest in that league in Montreal, especially among Montrealers who are visible minorities? NO.

Enough with the RDS argument, I've heard it too often and it's insulting because it's doesn't take into consideration the hundreds of thousands of people who like a sport. Not everyone is a Canadiens fan.

Go Habs Go, but on average RDS only gets 1.4 million viewers for a Canadiens game. In a province of 7 million people, only 1.4 million people (on average) are Habs fans? See, this is why the RDS argument fails.

I agree that the RDS argument isn't the "be all and end all" of the argument...however it is a good way to see the interest a certain sport gets in our market. I used RDS as an example, but you could take a look at Radio-Canada sports, 110% , La Zone, Sportsnight 360 and many others. Listen to the team 990 and CKAC Sports. I listen/watch all these channels and shows, and less than 1% of their time is spent talking about Basketball.

I'm glad that the NBA has decided to have an exibition game in our city, but I seriously doubt we could make it work over a complete season. If Toronto is struggling in the NBA(They can't keep their superstars - T. Mac, Vince Carter, C. Bosh) imagine what it'd be like over here!

Maybe when the TVA Sports network is established it will carry a bit of basketball. I tend to agree with you that its a largely untapped demographic. I know quite a few people who follow basketball actually (I don't, but I might start if there was a real team here), and they aren't all visible minorities.

I tend to think that my favourite sport, baseball is also a little ignored by RDS (although to RDS' credit, they were the only station that broadcasted Expos games in their last few seasons). I know quite a few fans of baseball in this city and they aren't all anglophones (although I would say the sport is generally more popular among anglos).