Aller au contenu

Ritz Carlton (rénovations et agrandissement) - 12 étages - 100M$ (2013)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 396
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Selon une note dans la presse de ce matin, le Penthouse aurait été vendu pour plus de 14 millions, et non 13 comme le mentionnait la Gazette, le prix demandé était de 15m et le prix de vente serait très proche du 15m, l'acheteur serait qqn de montréal qui passe beaucoup de temps à l'étranger.

Sinon, ils mentionnent que 50% des condos sont vendus dans le projet.

It's not the same chain though...can't compare really...

Ahh ok, thats true the one here is under license. Its still apples to oranges if you compare to the other projects happening Canada and across the globe. So our Ritz could be more compared to the one in Paris / London?

One thing just read that the hotel was designed by the same company that designed Grand Central in NY, now thats amazing.

Modifié par jesseps

Though I am sure many of you have read this on the internets... our Ritz-Carlton is the original Ritz-Carlton - anywhere. The hyphenated name comes from the fact that the original Montreal partners wanted a luxury hotel named the Carlton after the Carlton Hotel in London. At one point during the planning, I believe it was Notman, who suggested they hire Cesar Ritz as a consultant. Ritz came to town and agreed to work on the project but if it was to be built to his specs, his name should be over the front door.

The more recent history from the late 1970's onward gets a bit fuzzy: an American bought the rights to the name but not the Montreal hotel. While London and Paris are also totally independent hotels of course. Marriott took the brand all over the place in the last 15 years. Frankly, I think the creating of a chain has diluted the brand and cheapened it too much There are Ritz-Carlton's next the freeways for God's sake and some that look like office blocks in industrial parks. I am very glad our hotel is not part of the chain!!

One thing just read that the hotel was designed by the same company that designed Grand Central in NY, now thats amazing.

Well, the movers and shakers of Montreal in the late 19th and early 20th centuries saw themselves competing directly with NY; Many notable buildings in Montreal were designed by big NY Firms. I will say that our own big name architectural firm of the time - Ross and MacDonald - left us with an amazing legacy of stuff - from Holts to Cours Mont Royal, the list is quite long.