Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

This is unbelievable. They illegally cancelled pre-sales and yet are able to get off scott free?

Buyers be warned.

I do not understand what you mean? If you mean they cancelled all the previous purchasers' contracts, then it should be alright because the annulment should have been mutual.

publicité
  • Réponses 372
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

I do not understand what you mean? If you mean they cancelled all the previous purchasers' contracts, then it should be alright because the annulment should have been mutual.

I know two buyers myself. The annulment was certainly NOT mutual.

I know two buyers myself. The annulment was certainly NOT mutual.

wow, I know they've been asking people to annul their contracts but I didn't think they can actually cancel it without mutual agreement

edit: it might be helpful to read the quebec civil code regarding this matter, particularly code 1785 to 1790

it seems pretty clear to me that the pre-sale contract can't not be annuled unless through mutual agreement, there were no clause in the contract that allows the promoter to cancel either

Modifié par Bertson

wow, I know they've been asking people to annul their contracts but I didn't think they can actually cancel it without mutual agreement

edit: it might be helpful to read the quebec civil code regarding this matter, particularly code 1785 to 1790

it seems pretty clear to me that the pre-sale contract can't not be annuled unless through mutual agreement, there were no clause in the contract that allows the promoter to cancel either

what I said xD. they can certainly annul unilaterally, just not legally. i really doubt they did that because of possible litigations..

what I said xD. they can certainly annul unilaterally, just not legally. i really doubt they did that because of possible litigations..

yup : )

plus I don't understand why they might want to cancel contracts, they might benefit from a few due to the current market price difference

but there are other new condos with just as competitive prices....

and they probably accumulated quite a bit of debt with all the delays and such

yup : )

plus I don't understand why they might want to cancel contracts, they might benefit from a few due to the current market price difference

but there are other new condos with just as competitive prices....

and they probably accumulated quite a bit of debt with all the delays and such

meh... they held the clients' deposits for like almost 2 years... they could have made investments and made money of that... the clients got back their money sans interest.

meh... they held the clients' deposits for like almost 2 years... they could have made investments and made money of that... the clients got back their money sans interest.

the money is in a trust tho, but yea interest + opportunity cost add up

I still don't think they would cancel contracts illegally just to make a few quick bucks tho

maybe there were some misunderstandings for the two buyers mentioned above

The issue here is the fact that they are asking for a mutual annulment without giving secondary options. They see a few more bucks can be made and are busy ditching their first round of buyers. If you are one of the people who is being "asked" to annul, say no and see where the conversation goes from there.

The issue here is the fact that they are asking for a mutual annulment without giving secondary options. They see a few more bucks can be made and are busy ditching their first round of buyers. If you are one of the people who is being "asked" to annul, say no and see where the conversation goes from there.

Well, there isn't really another option. You either mutually annul the contract and get the deposit back or you stay with them and keep the unit. This was like a year ago though.