Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

What the hell is the advantage of that thing compared to driving? 250 km/h? I can drive 250 km/h on the 20 from Quebec to Montreal too... ah another "moteur-roue"... J! everyone forgets J!

TGV Montreal-New York seems like a massive waste of money. Want to reduce waiting times, just cut the fat right at the border inspection... perhaps pre-clear people at Central Station like they do at Dorval Airport. Or better yet, take a page from the EU playbook, and stop having border inspection stations at all, just go right through!

Modifié par Cyrus

publicité
  • Réponses 332
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

What the hell is the advantage of that thing compared to driving? 250 km/h? I can drive 250 km/h on the 20 from Quebec to Montreal too... ah another "moteur-roue"... J! everyone forgets J!

TGV Montreal-New York seems like a massive waste of money. Want to reduce waiting times, just cut the fat right at the border inspection... perhaps pre-clear people at Central Station like they do at Dorval Airport. Or better yet, take a page from the EU playbook, and stop having border inspection stations at all, just go right through!

I disagree about the lack of need for border inspection. Their are people who reside in the US that we want to keep out (dangerous criminals), and there are people that reside in Canada that they want to keep out (mostly terrorists).

I disagree about the lack of need for border inspection. Their are people who reside in the US that we want to keep out (dangerous criminals), and there are people that reside in Canada that they want to keep out (mostly terrorists).

Canadian terrorists? Nah there are no such things :) And if there are, we should be taking better care of our own house (in regards to say, the Toronto 18 -> it appears we are)

The whole operation seems like a make-work project for the Americans and a tax-collecting excercise for the CBSA... our countries are too similar to justify a patrolled border in this way, particularly when looking at the economic and social successes of Schengen zone in Europe. I mean so a few pot plants will go south, a few hot guns will go north, and a hell of a lot of plasma TV sets and alcohol will go north, really a win-win for everyone.

Keep the helicopters and Predator drones and the monitoring of the forested / fenced border, but let people drive and ride freely via road and rail links...

If they're truly going to seek a high-speed link, i hope they do it right:

500km/h high speed rail. None of this half-assed 250km/h crap.

I want to have breakfast in Montreal, lunch in NYC, then supper in Montreal again with hours to spare!

What the hell is the advantage of that thing compared to driving? 250 km/h? I can drive 250 km/h on the 20 from Quebec to Montreal too...

Then we should put radar-photos on the 20 and with the fines we get from the nuts driving 250 km/h, we built the TGV... :D

If they're truly going to seek a high-speed link, i hope they do it right:

500km/h high speed rail. None of this half-assed 250km/h crap.

I want to have breakfast in Montreal, lunch in NYC, then supper in Montreal again with hours to spare!

I am with you on that one!

Now thats a dream. That I hope becomes a reality :goodvibes:

Honestly I wouldn't mind the train going at 250 km/h... as long as I can clear the border here in Montreal and there is only one stop before NY (Albany)... I just want the train ride to be under 3-4 hours and cost like. $100-$200 (round trip). With multiple departure times.

6am

12pm

4pm

--

AsiaHSR_2010.png

China + Japan bullet trains

High_Speed_Railroad_Map_Europe_2009.gif

Europe bullet trains

Modifié par jesseps