The Wilson - 11 étages (2012)

ouaouaron

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 155
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I am new in this forum. I live in Toronto, but I am planning to move to Montreal. I have been looking at this project for a while and I am considering to buy a loft here, however I wanted to hear some opinions from people more familiar with Montreal, the location of the building and the project itself. What do you think guys about this project? the location? what is the market price/resale per sq ft. in this area or location?

What do you think about the units facing the interior courtyard, like the J unit on lower floors? will it be too dark? how important is the view for this type of project in that location in Montreal? would it be too complicate to resale one of those units?

Thanks in advance for your comments. you can reply either in English or French, thank you.

I am new in this forum. I live in Toronto, but I am planning to move to Montreal. I have been looking at this project for a while and I am considering to buy a loft here, however I wanted to hear some opinions from people more familiar with Montreal, the location of the building and the project itself. What do you think guys about this project? the location? what is the market price/resale per sq ft. in this area or location?

What do you think about the units facing the interior courtyard, like the J unit on lower floors? will it be too dark? how important is the view for this type of project in that location in Montreal? would it be too complicate to resale one of those units?

Thanks in advance for your comments. you can reply either in English or French, thank you.

Bienvenue sur le forum Carturo15! The Wilson looks like a great project but I've heard many complaints from people who bought at the Gillette (another project by the same builder). It's a very similar building further down the street, I believe some owners wanted to take the builder to court for problems they had with their apartments (mainly isolation issues).

Location is great but I believe there are no balconies and if you don't have a view... Not so great for resale. Why don't you look at buildings that are already built? Old Montreal is great if you don't have a car and like the urban-european feel, otherwise Nun's Island has some amazing buildings with breathtaking views of the St-Lawrence and downtown (minutes to downtown but you'd probably need a car).

Also consider the fact that lofts are more difficult to sell (especially in higher end buildings) v.s. regular condos with closed bedrooms. For instance a big 1500 sq loft would take a lot longer to sell than a 1 or 2 bedroom condo of the same size.

Good luck!

As a buyer of one of the unit, I will try to answer.

The contractor for The Wilson is Reliance Construction. They had problems with two other contractors for The Gillette, so they chose Reliance for this project. Reliance has done many condo conversions in the past, and as someone who asked references for the 90 George in Ottawa (one of the most luxurious condos in that city), they were selected as the second contractor to redo a botched job from a previous contractor. I was only told good things about them.

The Quartier International has nearly the highest price per sf for condos. The resale of such units is thus more difficult. However, the location is one of the best in Montréal. So basically it's you want to stay there a while or not. There are many luxury condos going up nearby, while this may hinder the resale, since these new units prices are even higher, it will up the price at The Wilson. Nearby condos easily sell for 525$ per sf right now.

The finishings are also high-end, and provided by one of the highest rated sub-contractor, Tendances et Concepts. There is absolutely no cheap material in their units and that is another reason I bought at The Wilson. You can remodel your kitchen as you wish, without the astronomical "options" fees you see in other buildings. Basically you deal with the sub-contractor directly.

If you wish to have the appliances included in the price, I suggest to contact the realtor for the project, Florence Lezmy, she'll probably be able to arrange something.

But yes, the neighborhood is great if you're into historical buildings with modern charm, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. I have made plans for a separate bedroom, so it can always be done.

As for the insulation, I can see why people were upset at The Gillette, but you are buying in a building that is 100 years old.

Modifié par p_xavier

I am being offered a J2 unit on the 2nd floor, 800 sq ft for $260k tax-in, including appliances and one locker. it comes to $325 per sq ft. this is the floorplan. is this a good buy in terms of investment? what do you think about the price, the layout?

http://www.wilsonlofts.ca/pdf/WILSON_LoftJ_2a5.pdf

I'll just have one comment a realtor told me once. A home can be sold faster than a place. If you make that place your home, people will be enticed to that.

I didn't notice that the plan changed, good, there wasn't a separate bedroom before.