Aller au contenu
publicité

Échangeur Turcot

WestAust

Messages recommendés

:eek: How can you hate driving :) Go buy a fun car like a convertible or sports car, or maybe a motorcycle and get a class 6 license and then have fun :) Or if you are stuck in traffic, an American sedan with automatic and air conditioning and a good radio :relieved:

I cant stand the start-stop motion of traffic. Plus I am not a fan of being surrounded by 100s of other cars.

One car I really want, is not legal for Canadian roads :mad: Ariel Atom 3.

I am going to stick to driving on Victoria from the Dorval Circle to Norte Dame Ouest (service road type thing next to the Turcot yards). For sure beats being in traffic.

Modifié par jesseps

publicité

En passant, je sais pas si ça arrive souvent, mais : il y a une semaine (nuit de samedi 29 à dimanche 30 mai), je suis passé sur l'échangeur à 1h du matin, et il y avait une congestion monstre sur la A-20 direction est.

C'est de ça que je parle... Turcot est très handicappé pour des travaux du vendredi soir à lundi matin et ça affecte tout le monde qui y passe.

Je décrivais mon histoire en venant de la 15, mais quand on est dans les hauteurs de Turcot on peut voir que la 20 ouest est congestionnée sans fin.

I cant stand the start-stop motion of traffic. Plus I am not a fan of being surrounded by 100s of other cars.

One car I really want, is not legal for Canadian roads :mad: Ariel Atom 3.

I am going to stick to driving on Victoria from the Dorval Circle to Norte Dame Ouest (service road type thing next to the Turcot yards). For sure beats being in traffic.

Maybe yes, maybe no... their site says it is not legal in Canada but also "Excluding Quebec", and under Quebec, it offers a contact for a distributor...

Quebec

AUTO FERAH - Kapriyel Ferah

Address:

9371 Rue Wanklyn

Montreal

Quebec

H8R 1Z2

Canada

Telephone: 514.983.7805

Worst case, just buy a Lotus 7 kit car and build it, close enough ;)

The reason the Atom is allowed here in Quebec is due to certain provisions in the highway code allowing open-wheeled automobiles on Quebec's roads.

It was ammended about five years ago when companies like Campagna started making inroads in the manufacturing sector.

Unfortunately, due to emission regulations and our lower grades of fuel, the Atom you can buy will have around 15% - 20% less horsepower than the original.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

La voie du compromis

D'après un reportage de Davide Gentile

Radio-Canada

Mise à jour le lundi 21 juin 2010 à 21 h 31

Après avoir alimenté la controverse et provoqué la colère à Montréal et à Québec, l'échangeur Turcot de la métropole serait sur le point d'aboutir sur la voie du compromis.

Le gouvernement présentera bientôt un plan qui reprend l'essentiel des propositions de Montréal, même si l'idée d'un échangeur circulaire est complètement mise de côté en raison des entraves qu'elle pourrait causer à la circulation au cours des travaux. Québec est même prêt à lancer la reconstruction à très court terme.

Le gouvernement ne veut plus imposer de projet à Montréal, explique Julie Boulet, ministre des Transports.

Benoît Dorais, maire de l'arrondissement du sud-ouest de Montréal, abonde dans le même sens : « Les informations qu'on a c'est qu'ils vont s'entendre sur un décret ouvert où ils vont respecter les principes qu'on défend depuis le début. »

Québec abandonne l'idée de construire en remblais et en défigurant certains quartiers résidentiels. Ce qui laisse supposer que le futur échangeur sera à nouveau en hauteur.

L'autoroute 20 ne serait pas déplacée afin de protéger la falaise Saint-Jacques et son potentiel de développent. Mais la question des expropriations demeure entière.

La question sera au coeur des pourparlers qui devront être engagés. Mais, il n'est pas question pour le maire Benoît Dorais d'en être exclu : « On ne demande pas de négocier sur la place publique, mais les citoyens ont droit à ce que ce soit fait en toute transparence. »

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Montreal/2010/06/21/004-turcot-plan-compromis.shtml

Transport Quebec is re-working its plan to rebuild Montreal's Turcot Interchange and hopes to make an announcement soon, so work can begin to replace the crumbling structure.

(Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)

Just bring the damn thing down already.

No one wants to be responsible. The longer they talk the more dangerous it is for motorists. This project should have started already. Stop talking and demo.

L'autoroute 20 ne serait pas déplacée afin de protéger la falaise Saint-Jacques et son potentiel de développent.

At least least switch the roads around so it doesn't feel like your driving in the UK. The optics of things are very important. The route from Trudeau to downtown is the route celebrities, dignitaries, pro sports teams, business people, VIP's and most tourist take. What do you think these people think when they see that tattered interchange and that slab of nothing next to the highway with the roads in a British style layout in North American?

there probably thinking "...we'll if their roads are backwards, maybe this is a backwards society too."

I wish more people in Quebec were vigilant with the optics of things to the rest of the world. The city doesn't have to look like we're born for a small bread.

Modifié par Maisonneuve