avec le petit Concorde

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

lumière sur le Holiday Inn et sa nouvelle couleur

IMG_3557.jpg

vu du campus de McGill

IMG_3559.jpg

Au prochain update le 400 sera rendu à 15 étages (le plafond du 15e est arrivé ce mardi après-midi)

publicité

Honestly, I don't think it's that bad. It just looks like a class B office building more than a hotel. Plus, when you consider that it is a cheaper price point hotel (Garden Inn) it's not bad.

This block with all these tall buildings slammed next to each other is really reminiscent of the Times Square area around 42nd street and 8th Avenue in NYC. Same thing with all these lower end hotels brands next to one another. I guess it is appropriate given the QDS soon to be a reality just down the street.

I still can't believe the height... I mean, no opposition from NIMBY's et compagnie....

I still can't believe the height... I mean, no opposition from NIMBY's et compagnie....

I think it's because this proposal came out of nowhere. We barely had heard anything about this project before construction started. The whiners didn't have time to mobilize!

1- like Habsfan said, it came out of nowhere... and if I recall correctly, it even took experts (malek, Habsfan, Serge, yarabundi, etc.) by surprise!

2- there's already a pretty tall wall on Sherbrooke, so it looks like 'just another tall building in the row'

...but once it gets over 25 floors, it will dominate the area... will people notice it and complain???