Aller au contenu
publicité

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

publicité
C'est quoi comme immeuble en face? des habitations?

Des apartements, mais les fenetres au centre c'est comme une place commun ou sont les escaliers, il y a aussi un hotel un peut plus loin qu'il a disait que je pouvais essayer.

(clavier anglo desole - accents)

HUH?? Looks upscale to me (Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan)

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/photo_gallery.jhtml?ctyhocn=YYZVAGI

I'm not sure what in the link you posted makes you think it's upscale? apart from the fact that they say so -- but hey, they're not going to tell you otherwise are they ;)

Honestly I've tried almost all of the Hilton brands, and HGI is nothing special. That pic you linked to is your typical suburban prefab faux-classique bland chain product, carefully engineered to elicit no emotion whatsoever. Sure it's nice enough, the room is large, the bed amazing and the pillows fluffy. But start looking around and you'll see your usual tired bathtub, cheap faux-marble bath counter, noisy fridge and oh-so-1992 TV set with its 12-lbs remote. Let's not even get started on the bed cover or the curtains design. It's basically a souped up motel 6 -- I'm not saying it's bad, but it's quintessentially middle-of-the-road, nothing there to make you feel special or 'upscale' in any way. The food is usually very good though, I'll give them that.

In Hilton terms upscale would be the actual Hilton brand and Conrads, or the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC.

• Administrateur

Guys, Montréal had many many upscale and boutique hotels in the last few years and nothing in the mid-lower (ok the dauphin doesn't count:p) end to balance things out... it was just a matter of time imo before we see more new lower end.