Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

14 minutes ago, Decel said:

Let's be fair, CDPQi being private is like saying Hydro-Quebec, Loto-Quebec, SAQ, etc is private....

Good point, but those “Crown” corporations don’t hide behind a guise of trying to guarantee a return to “shareholders” while robbing local governments and their own “parent company” (the Province) by holding us all hostage. I pay 5¢/kWh precisely because Hydro is efficient and invests profits through the Caisse, which generates healthy returns. I’m fully aware — and I vehemently argue with those who say the Caisse is actually private — that the reason I’ll have a good pension, pay low electricity rates and can access SAQs and VLTs on every corner is thanks to their placements with the Caisse.

8 minutes ago, Spiter_01 said:

I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make. They shouldn't be proposing a project that better serves the end user than one that deviates further from their final destination?

I really struggle to see how they could better integrate into the existing transit offering/network besides building into existing stations/ building shared stations. As it stands, the plan connects to all 4 existing metro lines in some way(assuming a blue line extension) with integrated stations at Honoré-Beaugrand, Assumption and Lacordaire. Less than ideal but presumably direct access to Berri-Uqam by the Labelle and Gare-Central with the Robert-Bourassa station. It connects to the train de l'est at the terminal station in PaT. It also connects to the SRB Pie-IX. It even has a laughably close but not connected station with Cartier to the green lines Papineau station.

It pretty much connects everywhere it can. It laughably offers 4 connections to the green line if you count Cartier and Berri.

Can you point out to me where there is one efficient connection in the plans? As presented, the downtown terminal station will not be connected to any other lines. Saying it is a transfer station is even more ludicrous than saying Centrale and Bonaventure are a single station, or the 300m hustle at McGill will be a quick connection, or Blue line users will flock to the 10+ minute “transfer” at Édouard-Montpetit. A station some 10m above René-Lévesque at Robert-Bourassa with no indoor/underground connection to anything simply isn’t well-connected.

9 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Can you point out to me where there is one efficient connection in the plans? As presented, the downtown terminal station will not be connected to any other lines. Saying it is a transfer station is even more ludicrous than saying Centrale and Bonaventure are a single station, or the 300m hustle at McGill will be a quick connection, or Blue line users will flock to the 10+ minute “transfer” at Édouard-Montpetit. A station some 10m above René-Lévesque at Robert-Bourassa with no indoor/underground connection to anything simply isn’t well-connected.

Like I said, I expect Lacordaire, Assumption and Honoré-Beaugrand to all have integrated stations, I have no reason to believe the transfer at those station would be difficult, Lacordaire doesn't even exist so why wouldn't it be seamlessly integrated? Assumption will be running perpendicularly and underground so stacked line transfer like we see elsewhere with the metro or is that not convenient enough? 

There are far more inconvenient and unpleasant transfers and connections that already exist today than a few hundred meter walk in tunnels. Transferring between the Yellow and the Orange at Berri is far from being enjoyable, the same can be said about Lucien-Lallier.

Even transferring at Jean-Talon between the orange and blue at Jean-Talon isn't a great experience. The only good/direct transfer point isat lionel-groulx. 

The plans haven't been drawn up, no one knows the exact configurations yet you're already bemoaning the poor connections. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 43 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Good point, but those “Crown” corporations don’t hide behind a guise of trying to guarantee a return to “shareholders” while robbing local governments and their own “parent company” (the Province) by holding us all hostage. I pay 5¢/kWh precisely because Hydro is efficient and invests profits through the Caisse, which generates healthy returns. I’m fully aware — and I vehemently argue with those who say the Caisse is actually private — that the reason I’ll have a good pension, pay low electricity rates and can access SAQs and VLTs on every corner is thanks to their placements with the Caisse.

To me when well managed, it's healthy to expect/guarantee a return.

• To guarantee that return they need to control their operational costs
  • 0.72$ per passenger-mile (ppm) seems respectable
    • Charge is reduced based on passenger-mile milestones (which the media always conveniently omit)
    • Is always compared -by obscurity (lack of comparison)- to the perception that the metro is 0.00$ ppm to operate

Now we don't know if the price for the East-REM will be the same, above or below the 0.72$ ppm, and what -if any- there are charge-adjustments for milestones.

On this point at least we have a financial transparency and accountability from the CDPQi on the operation of the REM, versus the Please give more moneyz OK THNX BYE! operational method of the ARTM-STM

• Like 1

CDPQi viennent de publier de nouveau document pour mettre à jour les nouveaux avancements. Plus de détail sur leur analyse de la situation au C-V et prévision des auditions devant le BAPE en début 2022. 

Est-ce que le financement du REM-A avait été bouclé avant les audiences du BAPE?

https://cdpqinfra.com/sites/cdpqinfrad8/files/2021-02/Statut-avancement-REM-EST_VF-finale.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Spiter_01 said:

The plans haven't been drawn up, no one knows the exact configurations yet you're already bemoaning the poor connections.

I said, “I’m still not against an elevated guideway on René-Lévesque; I just can’t support it if it doesn’t integrate well with existing transit (REM-A, exo, and Métro), and by any interpretation of their plans, it will not.”

“Bemoaning” is a definite mischaracterization of what I wrote.

1 minute ago, SameGuy said:

I said, “I’m still not against an elevated guideway on René-Lévesque; I just can’t support it if it doesn’t integrate well with existing transit (REM-A, exo, and Métro), and by any interpretation of their plans, it will not.”

“Bemoaning” is a definite mischaracterization of what I wrote.

The fact that the February 2021   Caisse-Infra report  on REM-est does not have a single drawing or photo of an elevated 

guideway  speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Spiter_01 said:

This isn’t my map, nor is it from anyone speculating here; it’s from the Caisse:

image.jpeg.c86ca669764b6cb91307b82369600646.jpeg

If the “plans haven’t been drawn up yet,” then how can they also be adamant that an underground route is not feasible? The statement effectively renders their “studies” meritless.

As others have said, just tell us, “We’re not willing to spend the kind of money that the project would entail.” Don’t insult us by warning of collapsing buildings and metro tunnels. Please don’t compare a 3 km long, 8 m wide subway tunnel with the 12-lane Superhighway tunnel that included dozens of simultaneous projects and included additional mass transit, and was plagued with criminal ineptitude and negligence. The Big Dig was America’s Big O, complete with fraud and corruption and massive overruns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sameguy

10 minutes transfer at Édouard Montpetit??

Are you sure about that?

It takes me 3 minutes from orange to yellow line everyday and I am not sur that the transfer from the blue line to the Rem at Édouard will be much longer.

I might be wrong