Aller au contenu
publicité

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

publicité

18 octobre 1966.

"Le métro de Montréal a entrepris sa carrière régulière hier matin par une panne d'une trentaine de minutes à l'heure de pointe, paralysant ainsi quelques milliers de travailleurs qui étrennaient le tout neuf moyen de transport rapide."

Screenshot_20230731_153128_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

First day - post breakdown report.

The ride and the view are fabulous.  Montreal shines.  Giving me hope that people will take pride in our city and all that should come with it.

However,

The wayfinding (signage) is horrible.  Confusing and much too small.

Montreal's Grand Central (I'm aware this is the CN's responsibility) could have done something to brighten up the cavernous hall, the food court, and the passageways leading in and out.

Having to walk to Central Station will be a deterrent - quickly - they need to open up the both the McGill and the Griffintown stations.

The choice of materials is somewhat similar to a 'B' Category Mall when they decide to renovate. The black tiles on Gare Central's walls are a lost opportunity:  Drab - Dark - Depressing.  If Montreal is meant to be a "Design City," - it needs to look elsewhere other than Dépot Céramique.

I have an OPUS card.  I went to Brossard from Montreal.  No problem.

On my way back - the card was declined.  I need to get a new card - not rechargeable at the station - nor on the quai at the Grand Central station.  You have to go up to the main floor - and find where it is that you are meant to get a new card which allows for A and B.  It's a logistics nightmare in the age of Apps and Technology.  Really?

Special recommendation:  The 747 Bus should arrive directly to Grand Central and avoid Lionel-Groulx as the only connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 14 minutes, steve a dit :

First day - post breakdown report.

The ride and the view are fabulous.  Montreal shines.  Giving me hope that people will take pride in our city and all that should come with it.

However,

The wayfinding (signage) is horrible.  Confusing and much too small.

Montreal's Grand Central (I'm aware this is the CN's responsibility) could have done something to brighten up the cavernous hall, the food court, and the passageways leading in and out.

Having to walk to Central Station will be a deterrent - quickly - they need to open up the both the McGill and the Griffintown stations.

The choice of materials is somewhat similar to a 'B' Category Mall when they decide to renovate. The black tiles on Gare Central's walls are a lost opportunity:  Drab - Dark - Depressing.  If Montreal is meant to be a "Design City," - it needs to look elsewhere other than Dépot Céramique.

I have an OPUS card.  I went to Brossard from Montreal.  No problem.

On my way back - the card was declined.  I need to get a new card - not rechargeable at the station - nor on the quai at the Grand Central station.  You have to go up to the main floor - and find where it is that you are meant to get a new card which allows for A and B.  It's a logistics nightmare in the age of Apps and Technology.  Really?

Special recommendation:  The 747 Bus should arrive directly to Grand Central and avoid Lionel-Groulx as the only connection.

I find it the best looking station nada, but my bathroom is entirely black with concrete floors so I'm not be your average looks. (I did won design awards for my last two condos though...)

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

La risée du Canada. Ça glousse comme jamais.

Screenshot_20230731_152235_Chrome.jpg

Cette honneur appartient presqu'en exclusivité à notre épouvantable LRT d'Ottawa! Ça fait 4 ans qu'on rit de nous et il n'y a pas de fin en vue! 

• D'accord 2