Aller au contenu
publicité

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

Just now, Spiter_01 said:

Reese with some new footage of inside McGill and Central Station.

I have to say central station even without the finishing touches looks much better than I had anticipated. The only complaint I have is the low ceiling but you've got the hide all the ductwork somewhere. 

I wouldn't mind seeing part of the ductwork. I prefer a higher ceiling.

• Like 1

publicité
8 minutes ago, Enalung said:

I wouldn't mind seeing part of the ductwork. I prefer a higher ceiling.

Agreed, I'd prefer it if they left it open and would give us the sense of higher ceilings but it looks like it's being setup for a dropped ceiling. If we're lucky maybe they'll stick to the original renderings and use a perforated metal panels but I also get the feeling the ceiling is lower than in the rendering. In the renderings the X beams are fully visible while in the video the ceiling seems to drop lower.

https://rem.info/fr/stations/gare-centrale

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sseguin613 said:

Yes it will be mostly  perforated paneling that will go up as they wanted to keep the elements inside visible. The ceiling will be about the height of the support cables hanging down.

Are you sure? I mean, when compared to the renderings, it does not look right at all. In the rendering, the cans containing the lights are encased in a tube which goes all the way to the ceiling and that's what supports the ceiling. Those steel wires are going to to be very obvious if they use perforated panels. I could be wrong, but I think its going to ruin the effect that they were going for in those renderings. The other problem is that the rendering seems to assume that all of the utilities and pipes have been moved inside of the box above the doors. That clearly isn't the case in the photos we got.

When I was there on Friday for the tour, the construction supervisor showed us some of the paneling that was perforated. The holes are very small, and i don't think it will come off like the renders. You know how the panels are in the Halles de la Gare (where the restos and shops are), pretty much like that (sorry I don't have any pictures of them when they were shown to me). 

I don't think all will be perforated but there will still be a decent amount for sure. The impression I got was around 1/4-1/2 of the ceiling would be perforated.

FZ-a9t6WQAAHiMP.jpg.289285d0ae848b130c61a790143d3772.jpg

FZ-bPhZXgAQgxp4.jpg.ccae168616384b5258928452a548a6ac.jpg

FZ-bPhZXwAAQZ59.jpg.93738dbf194005130974eabc92e507a6.jpg

Here are the renders (which make the perforated holes look bigger than what I was shown. Again, they appeared to be nearly if not identical to the ones in the RESO pathway of the Halles de la Gare area). They appeared black.

Gare-centrale_interieur1.jpg.c9e845f20cbec18ad2c99c4a7b64ddc2.jpg

Gare-centrale_interieur2.jpg.4892d7819974e119ae4bc72cdb6fe6b9.jpg

Modifié par sseguin613
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, sseguin613 said:

Guided Visit of Gare Centrale Station and the century-old Mount Royal tunnel on Montreal's Réseau Express Métropolitain

Earlier in the thread, I got some of the details on the paneling for the ceiling a bit wrong. The White panels on the sides will be perforated similar to the Halles de la Gare section, and the main black ceiling will be a mesh or screen type covering. You can see it briefly in the video, same for the white panels. Sorry I didn't get a better angle of them but you can see a small section of the ceiling they did with the black and Guy also shows the white panel for a split second.

Do you think it would be possible to ask them for a follow up visit once they've got more of the ceiling installed? I'm also quite curious to see how Edouard Montpetit is progressing. We don't yet have anything from the airport, but we know that the tunnel is complete. There's so many things that we've yet to see.

• Like 1

On 2022-08-16 at 8:23 PM, sseguin613 said:

When I was there on Friday for the tour, the construction supervisor showed us some of the paneling that was perforated. The holes are very small, and i don't think it will come off like the renders. You know how the panels are in the Halles de la Gare (where the restos and shops are), pretty much like that (sorry I don't have any pictures of them when they were shown to me). 

I don't think all will be perforated but there will still be a decent amount for sure. The impression I got was around 1/4-1/2 of the ceiling would be perforated.

Here are the renders (which make the perforated holes look bigger than what I was shown. Again, they appeared to be nearly if not identical to the ones in the RESO pathway of the Halles de la Gare area). They appeared black.

Thanks for the pictures, it seems to confirm that the ceiling is lower by 50cm or so to accommodate for the duct and wiring, not much you can do about that. I wonder if they've considered adjusting the lighting, instead of flooding the platform level with white light, maybe allow for a slightly more somber lighting while highlighting the X-beams to create the illusion of vertical space.