Aller au contenu

Tour des Canadiens 3 - 53 étages (2020)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Really? I remember quite a lot of press about the Bell Centre projects and many of the Gazette writers seemed excited about it, even specifically mentioning something to the fact they are the first major construction projects in 20 years. And one of the main writers made the effort to get the correct information about them. The Gazette has some pretty shitty editorial journalists, but to label the entire newspaper as "negative about these projects" is extreme.

• Réponses 1,6k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I was just about to say the same thing. The Gazette seems to be very negative when it comes to these projects. It's as if they don't like any kind of change whatsoever!!

Papa Gazette from Toronto is not happy when Montreal has great projects.

Le journaliste de LaPresse a une opinion positive de tout ce qui s'en vient. Les Montréalais sont pas mal tous en faveur du développement autour du Centre Bell. Les projets de CF devraient tous passer sans trop de problèmes. Ce n'est pas quelques personnes qui feront dérailler ce projet.

I admit that The Gazette is a shitty newspaper with a terrible editorial board, but I don't think that Lampert is a bad reporter. I spoke with her many times and she seems to be really honest and bright with a great work ethic. Maybe I am wrong on this, but journalists have to fulfill their papers, and sometimes, they have to find an new angle about old stuff. I don't see any plot on this topic.

Modifié par plb
erreur
  • Like 1

Don't you thnk you are all overreacting and a little too sensitive? Why are you guys critizing Lampert and the Gazette? You complain about marc_ac going on about stuff but you guys aren't much better when someone even suggests something that you consider negative regarding developments around Centre Bell.

All she is really doing is questioning the readiness of the city to adjust to the influx of hundreds of addiontional cars pouring into the area after work, espcially when there is a concert or game. That sounds like a pretty legitimate issue to me.

Don't you thnk you are all overreacting and a little too sensitive? Why are you guys critizing Lampert and the Gazette? You complain about marc_ac going on about stuff but you guys aren't much better when someone even suggests something that you consider negative regarding developments around Centre Bell.

All she is really doing is questioning the readiness of the city to adjust to the influx of hundreds of addiontional cars pouring into the area after work, espcially when there is a concert or game. That sounds like a pretty legitimate issue to me.

I don't believe so, because the majority of people who will live in these towers won't use their cars to go to work...they already live downtown....

It's a valid point to question the effet of an influx of new cars when a new tower goes up. Every developer of a major project has to produce traffic studies to the city. What are the total number of parking spots being added in the seven towers? I'm sure that a lot of the residents won't have cars and will use public transit, but what about those spots they incorporating into the projects? I'm pretty sure they wont all sit empty. All the residents won't necessarly work downtown and some will need their car for work. What percenatge of owners are buying spots? Does anyone have these numbers?

But my main issue is why everyone is jumping all over Lampert and the Gazette for raising the point.I think she is just questionning the effect of maybe several hundreed new cars concentrated in one area will have. I don't think she is saying that these towers shouldn't be built. My take anyway.

Modifié par IluvMTL