Aller au contenu

YUL - 38, 38 étages (2021)

mattrga

Messages recommendés

3 hours ago, Unterwelten said:

To who? People who obsess over skyline photos on the internet?

That's got to be maximum 100-200 people out of 2 million Montrealers.

Talk about stupidity.

Whoa chill out dude, I'm referring to the fact that these (soon to be ) 5 towers are located on the same street just blocks away from buildings that are over 180m . You tell me where the logic is in that?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unterwelten said:

To who? People who obsess over skyline photos on the internet?

That's got to be maximum 100-200 people out of 2 million Montrealers.

Talk about stupidity.

You do realize you are on a forum about Montreal's urban development? This is THE place to talk about aesthetic preferences in our skyline, so you calling 100-200 people here stupid is odd. Now outside of the bubble of MtlUrb, 4 buildings with the same heigh is no big deal. However, there are many more reasons why the height restrictions are illogical, but I won't start that old debate again. 

• Like 2

Il y a 8 heures, Wave Arts a dit :

Les yuls sont bien à 120m, le problème c'est les bâtiments à l'est qui auraient du être plus grands pour avoir un meilleur effet d'escalier.

L'effet esacaler sera en partie là avec le Solstice et le 1000 DLM  à environ 145m derrière le CCE à 119m. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mtlrdp said:

Whoa chill out dude, I'm referring to the fact that these (soon to be ) 5 towers are located on the same street just blocks away from buildings that are over 180m . You tell me where the logic is in that?

Well, I admittedly never realised how crucial this is! My friends (who are admittedly rather unsophisticated  in these important matters of skyline design) had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the 5 tower, 180m thingy jingy. I think I have to talk them out of living life soley on the ground and encourage them to look at skyline photos on the internet - if only to see the outrages that are being perpetrated behind their backs. Only when I talk them into being outraged over the 5 tower, 180m thingy jingy that they have no clue about will they truly know how bad they've had it all along! I'm going to organize a protest at city hall, are you in? (bring your own tinfoil hat)

22 hours ago, Mondo_Grosso said:

You do realize you are on a forum about Montreal's urban development? This is THE place to talk about aesthetic preferences in our skyline, so you calling 100-200 people here stupid is odd. Now outside of the bubble of MtlUrb, 4 buildings with the same heigh is no big deal. However, there are many more reasons why the height restrictions are illogical, but I won't start that old debate again. 

Really? Like 'aesthetic skyline design' is an actual thing? lol

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Unterwelten a dit :

Well, I admittedly never realised how crucial this is! My friends (who are admittedly rather unsophisticated  in these important matters of skyline design) had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the 5 tower, 180m thingy jingy. I think I have to talk them out of living life soley on the ground and encourage them to look at skyline photos on the internet - if only to see the outrages that are being perpetrated behind their backs. Only when I talk them into being outraged over the 5 tower, 180m thingy jingy that they have no clue about will they truly know how bad they've had it all along! I'm going to organize a protest at city hall, are you in? (bring your own tinfoil hat)

Really? Like 'aesthetic skyline design' is an actual thing? lol

Yes it's important for some people, and yes some people don't give a **ck and will never will, but I don't know what you were expected coming on a building and urban development forum... no need to be that condescending if you never see people talking about the aesthetic of a city before, it's the place you live in, for some people it's important how it's look and how it's made

Yes there is people that have no clue about the restriction height, the urban planing plan, the zoning in certain part of the city, but don't call out people that actually give a damn about those issue, and don't make fun of people who take an interest about the development of their city

• Like 3