Aller au contenu
publicité

Expos de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Administrateur
5 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

It honestly baffles me that so many people are taking a hard line against any sort of government assistance (loan guarantees, tax abatements, connections to transit) for a stadium that includes a sports and cultural complex in the heart of the city, one that will be used a minimum of 81 times a year by a professional baseball team and countless other days by sports and cultural groups from the city… But these same people are all in favour of spending $100 million on upgrading a race track that gets used one weekend a year, or of dumping tens of millions of dollars a year in upkeep costs for the Olympic Stadium that gets almost zero use during the year — and will require a half billion dollar new roof, regardless of any sports team using the building.

Its called the poverty industry, we're good at it here.

• Like 4

publicité
On 2021-03-29 at 4:16 PM, Nameless_1 said:

les responsables du stade olympique nous disent qu'il est prêt à recevoir une équipe

Le Baseball majeur ne permettra JAMAIS qu'une équipe à Montréal joue dans le Stade Olympique. La seule exception serait pendant les 24-36 mois que ça prendrait pour construire le nouveau stade.

21 hours ago, mtlurb said:

Qui d'autre crois que l'histoire du partage d'équipe est juste une ruse pour aller chercher l'équipe au complet après quelques saisons.

Je crois que ça se peut fort bien! Je crois que Bronfman a vendu l'idée à Manfred en disant que ce sera comme si Montréal "faisait ses preuves". On partage l'équipe avec Tampa (genre de 2025 à 2027) et une fois que l'entente avec le Tropicana Field soit terminé, ils déménagent à Montréal en permanence!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

Le Baseball majeur ne permettra JAMAIS qu'une équipe à Montréal joue dans le Stade Olympique. La seule exception serait pendant les 24-36 mois que ça prendrait pour construire le nouveau stade.

Je crois que ça se peut fort bien! Je crois que Bronfman a vendu l'idée à Manfred en disant que ce sera comme si Montréal "faisait ses preuves". On partage l'équipe avec Tampa (genre de 2025 à 2027) et une fois que l'entente avec le Tropicana Field soit terminé, ils déménagent à Montréal en permanence!

I'm honestly a potential season ticket holder and I've been dreaming of Montreal getting a baseball team again.

I do wonder if the people in Montreal can actually support 81 matches per year. Can we actually hit 25k/match? Would there really be interest?

This is why I think the 40 matches/year is maybe more suitable. The people complaining about only having "half a team" are rather the diehard baseball fans who probably don't outnumber the number average "sports fans" that are required to fill the stadium on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gjm127 said:

I'm honestly a potential season ticket holder and I've been dreaming of Montreal getting a baseball team again.

I do wonder if the people in Montreal can actually support 81 matches per year. Can we actually hit 25k/match? Would there really be interest?

This is why I think the 40 matches/year is maybe more suitable. The people complaining about only having "half a team" are rather the diehard baseball fans who probably don't outnumber the number average "sports fans" that are required to fill the stadium on a regular basis.

If they can't get capacity for 81 games, as this is the number of games in a single season, then this city is not worthy of owning a baseball team.

I do believe an outdoor stadium will attract more people, for sure, but April-May is ridiculously cold in Montreal, as is September-October. Hope this new stadium can get heated seats sponsored by Hydro-Quebec. Oh and a winning team will help attendance, just sayin'. Dont fuckin make a Brochu of yourself, Bronfman!

• Thanks 1

More than half the seats at the Habs’ 40 sellouts a year over the last 30 years are corporate-owned. In any other city, a team that’s been as consistently sh!tty and mismanaged would have pulled up stakes and moved long ago. That’s the key for baseball: right-size the stadium in a good location, and market the crap out of it to the Montreal business community. Expense accounts still count. Business types would rather spend on entertainment in a cool place near other cool places than on an overpriced steak at Gibby’s.

• Like 1

[Denis] Coderre, a baseball fan and new ballpark booster, seemed suddenly cool to the idea of public financing for it this week, though Premier François Legault declared that Quebec would be willing to subsidize construction if a new stadium can be shown will generate revenue for the province. Coderre declared that “the timing isn’t good because we’re in the middle of a pandemic.” 

Plante has gone the other way. As a mayoral candidate in 2017, she vowed “not a penny” of public money will be spent on a new stadium unless Montrealers say yes in a referendum she promised in the 2021 election. Plante stood in front of a novelty cheque for $500 million made out to Major League Baseball with a bogus signature from Denis Coderre, and accused him of negotiating for a return of baseball behind taxpayers’ backs. 

Plante sounded more enthusiastic after winning power. In 2018, she met with Bronfman and businessman Mitch Garber from the group of investors. Emerging arm-in-arm with Bronfman at city hall, Plante declared that “if the return of a baseball team is good for Montreal, we’re in.”

Lambert said she has seen plans for the ballpark.

“It could be okay,” she said. “The city has demanded, as far as I know, a lot of things, and they’re being complied with. So I think it could be possible.”

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/coderres-plan-for-skyscrapers-goes-against-montreals-dna-lambert-says

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/coderres-plan-for-skyscrapers-goes-against-montreals-dna-lambert-says