Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I'm going to trash them because it's been one year they've mentioned this project. There's no info on their website or no updates to the media. Typically when you make reference to a project, there's a marketing buzz and hype. Altoria and Altitude did it. Where is CF?

This is the highest profile project in the city. Not one person (including the gazette real estate pro) knows anything or has heard a thing about this project.

It could easily be that they are waiting things out a bit for anumber of backroom things to go through. With the big AMT booboo of recent weeks, the liberals are wanting to change the AMT into something

that encompasses more than transit development I heard today. CF wanted to push the airport shuttle through their Windsor station property but couldnt. Now they may be bargaining for some of the good stuff to come their way if the parlaying means give and take.

• Réponses 94
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

great. But this has nothing to do with a condo tower on the bell centre lot. Other developments (office towers etc) may be more affected by this.

Tchroo. I think the overall picture is the office development and a hidden component with massive retail is in the works as a playing card. But as you say, the condo tower is somewhat independent and they of course need to make the most of their investment after land acquisition.

for one, impossible for luc poirier to build a condo tower of 50-60 stories on an 18,000 SF lot with an FAR of 12, unless he can acquire an additional parcel of land and the last time i checked, broccolini picked up the site adjacent.

two, when Cadillac announces their intentions to build a 60 storey tower on a shoe-horned site, then a lot of other projects also come to the forefront and the economy starts to slow, it is only prudent for a pension fund to think things through a bit in advance of launching this massive tower. for those who worry about their land cost, they were so far ahead of the game on their land acquisitions that on a mark-to-market basis, they do not need to do anything and are making a return.

we all want flashy projects that go higher and higher, but economics comes first, and the contentness of the contributors on this forum or any other armchair pundits truly do not matter.

for one, impossible for luc poirier to build a condo tower of 50-60 stories on an 18,000 SF lot with an FAR of 12, unless he can acquire an additional parcel of land and the last time i checked, broccolini picked up the site adjacent.

two, when Cadillac announces their intentions to build a 60 storey tower on a shoe-horned site, then a lot of other projects also come to the forefront and the economy starts to slow, it is only prudent for a pension fund to think things through a bit in advance of launching this massive tower. for those who worry about their land cost, they were so far ahead of the game on their land acquisitions that on a mark-to-market basis, they do not need to do anything and are making a return.

we all want flashy projects that go higher and higher, but economics comes first, and the contentness of the contributors on this forum or any other armchair pundits truly do not matter.

So don't bother posting then. What's contentness? Contentedness perhaps?

CF just has their heads in Toronto. Give me a break, Toronto has 100 30+ stories waiting to sprout. We are talking about 1 mega project in a city of 4 million people.

Tchroo. There is a whole industry, a shitload of people that were bred to make these condo projects happen in Toronto. That city started early in the build to rent towers all over the map in the early sixties and developers realized how important it was to keep the momentum going on building high yield rental projects. This sort of thing later translated into condos, reaching out for an international clientele as the city consolidated its symbolic importance as a financial center of note. Montreal never had a momentum going throughout the city, it is another more mundane approach that is similar to most cities on the continent. Toronto would not have the number of projects approved and building if a momentum had not accrued over along period. Folks in Toronto take this very seriously, funny they have goofy names like Couture or Fashion for their condo towers. It shows how pressed for time they are shitting them out.

Incidentally, the neighborhood feel in Toronto is really quite nice and I dig the older streets. That to me is where it's at. The skyscraping is a buzz, but there is also quite a bit of tension and sadness over all in Toronto. Folks hang their heads and downtown is not all that fun.

I have no idea what exactly this is related to, but I can see from my office (in 1250 Rene-Levesque) that they are setting up something in the parking lot of the north-east corner of Rene-Levesque/de la Montagne intersection (directly across from Le Crystal).

It is a wood structure, looks like it could be an eventual sales office...

Again, I have no clue what it is, I'm just speculating. Maybe someone else knows more.

Guys, I think we all need to chill a little. CF is supposed to launch this project in spring/summer 2012. As far as I know, we are still in the middle of winter.

Oui mais la température nous donne l'impression qu'on est au mois d'avril!!:awesome: