Photos publiées

• 2 mois plus tard...
La moyenne et de 38$ ($30 billet + $8 concession) X 82 X 25,000 = $76,950,000

+naming rights and other advertising

+merchandising

+corporate boxes

+broadcast rights

+revenue sharing (~15M a year)

A team with 25k average attendance easily generates 125M in revenue.

well said ... a third of current MLB teams average less than 25 thousand tickets sold per game; half don't even get to 30.

pis arretez donc de chier sur le stade .. un peu de reno ici et la, on refait le terrain autour, on criss le toit dans le fleuve et voila .. un stade de 70 000 places de calibre international..... au prix qui nous a deja couter, ca serait bien la moindre des choses de le retapper un briin si ca permettrais d'attirer des $$ $$ ... merde! :stirthepot:

les gens qui chialent savent pas de quoi y parlent ... les autres venues aux etats unis, c'est pas toutes des wrigley field bordel !! .....

Modifié par pedepy

• 2 mois plus tard...
Andre Dawson au Temple de la Renommée

136567-andre-dawson.jpg

La Presse

Publié le 06 janvier 2010 à 13h50

L'ancien voltigeur des Expos de Montréal Andre Dawson a été élu au Temple de la Renommée du baseball majeur mercredi après avoir obtenu 78% des suffrages.

Dawson a reçu 420 votes sur 539 des chroniqueurs de baseball d'Amérique, soit 15 de plus que le seuil de 75 pour cent qui signifie l'accession au Temple. Il en était à sa neuvième présence au scrutin. Il devient le deuxième joueur de l'équipe montréalaise, après Gary Carter, à mériter un tel honneur.

Le voltigeur de centre a disputé onze saisons dans l'uniforme des Expos, entre 1976 et 1986, avant de poursuivre sa carrière avec les Cubs de Chicago, les Red Sox de Boston et les Marlins de la Floride.

Dawson a maintenu une moyenne au bâton de ,273 avec 2774 coups sûrs et 1591 points produits. Il est par ailleurs l'un des six joueurs du baseball majeur à avoir frappé plus de 300 circuits et volé plus de 300 buts.

La recrue de l'année en 1977 a aussi participé à huit Matchs des étoiles et remporté huit gants d'Or pour son jeu défensif.

La cérémonie d'intronisation aura lieu le 25 juillet prochain.

De bons souvenirs

Andre Dawson a toujours déclaré avoir apprécié son séjour à Montréal malgré un retour plus difficile alors qu'il portait les couleurs des Cubs.

«Je conserve de beaux souvenirs de Montréal», indiquait-il en août 1995 après son dernier match au Stade olympique, avec les Marlins de la Floride.

«C'est l'équipe qui m'a donné ma chance de jouer dans les ligues majeures et j'ai toujours apprécié la culture québécoise. Mon meilleur souvenir, c'est toutefois la saison 1981 alors qu'on était venu près de participer à la Série mondiale.

«Cela avait toutefois été difficile à mon retour avec les Cubs (en 1987). On m'avait hué. Mais je comprends la réaction des amateurs. Ils sont fidèles aux Expos et j'étais devenu l'ennemi», avait conclu Dawson.

Dawson en chiffres*:

2627 matchs disputés en 21 saisons

2774 coups sûrs en 9927 présences au bâton

1373 points marqués

1591 points produits

438 circuits

589 buts sur balles

1509 retraits sur des prises

314 buts volés

Moyenne de présence sur les buts: ,323

Moyenne au bâton: ,279

* en carrière dans les majeures

Avec AP

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/baseball/201001/06/01-936686-andre-dawson-au-temple-de-la-renommee.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_aujourdhui-sur-cyberpresse_267_article_ECRAN1POS2

oui redonner un peu de vie a l'uniforme des expos nous ferait nous un peu de bien .. desfois quand tu regardes la mlb c'est comme si cette franchise de pres de 40 ans n'as jamais existee ..

malheureusement pour nous la plupart des analystes hors-quebec que j'ai entendu ont l'air de croire qu'il va choisir les cubs ... ;)

il a encore quelques mois pour prendre sa decision si je ne m'abuse .. p-e que qqchose pourrait etre fait pour lui 'rappeler' ses 10 ans avec nos amours ? :rolleyes:

• 3 semaines plus tard...
Dawson 'disappointed' he won't wear Cubs cap

January 27, 2010 10:16 A

andredawsonnewer-left-vert-ap.JPG

By Fred Mitchell

Andre Dawson said he is "disappointed" that the Hall of Fame has decided to have him wear a Montreal Expos cap instead of a Cubs cap when he is formally inducted July 25 in Cooperstown, N.Y.

As first reported in the Tribune on Tuesday night when Dawson sent a text message after the annual B.A.T. Dinner at the Marriott Marquis in New York, the 1987 National League Most Valuable Player will join former Expo Gary Carter as that former franchise's only Hall of Fame representatives.

"The Hall had made the decision that they were going to allow themselves some time to make a determination," Dawson said Wednesday on the "Waddle & Silvy Show " on WMVP-AM 1000. "And I obviously felt that it was probably something that it would give me the benefit of the doubt and at least consider the Chicago Cubs.

Photo: The Hall of Fame ruled that Andre Dawson will wear an Expos hat on his plaque. (Jeff Golden/AP)

"I know the difference in the 10 (full seasons in Montreal) and six years (with the Cubs) probably was something of consideration on their part. But I tried to explain... perhaps the impact of what really catapulted me to Hall of Fame status and pretty much what my preference was. I think their decision had been made and it was a little gut-wrenching for me to hear that. But it was their decision and I respect that. From there I guess I will move on.

"I'm disappointed. I can proudly say that, because Chicago was my preference," said Dawson. "I thought I would have had a little more input. ... I would carry or merit some sort of weight. But, again, I received a letter prior to the voting and it was my understanding that they would make the determination."

The Hall of Fame Museum made the decision official Wednesday morning through a press release.

"The plaque of BBWAA-electee Andre Dawson will feature an Expos logo, though the Cubs, Red Sox and Marlins will all be listed as other teams for which he played," the statement read in part. "Veterans Committee electee Whitey Herzog's plaque will feature a Cardinals logo, and the Royals, Rangers and Angels will all be listed. The plaque of fellow Veterans Committee electee Doug Harvey will not feature a logo on his cap, as the ninth umpire elected to Cooperstown.

"The choice of which team logo appears on a player's plaque is the Museum's decision, though the wishes of an inductee are always considered. As the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is a history museum, it is important that the logo be emblematic of where the player made his greatest impact. A player's election to the Hall of Fame, however, is a career achievement. As such, every team for whom he played is listed on the plaque."

Dawson, whose major-league career spanned 21 seasons, spent his first 11 years in Montreal (1977-1986), recording 1,575 of his 2,774 hits as an Expo, while winning six Gold Glove Awards, finishing in the top 10 in Most Valuable Player voting three times, collecting seven seasons of 20 or more home runs, stealing 30 or more bases in four seasons and recording three seasons with a batting average of .300 or better. Dawson was named the 1977 N.L. Rookie of the Year in Montreal and led the Expos to their only postseason series win with a five-game victory over the Phillies in the 1981 N.L. Division Series.

Dawson also played six seasons in Chicago (1987-1992), winning the 1987 N.L. MVP while earning five All-Star Game selections, before logging two years with Boston (1993-1994) and two seasons with the Florida Marlins (1995-1996).

"Andre Dawson's Hall of Fame career belongs to every one of his fans, in every city across the country," said Jeff Idelson, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. "The logo selection is only important from an historical standpoint, as the Museum has a responsibility to properly interpret the game's history. Every Hall of Fame plaque lists all of the teams where an electee played or managed. Fans of 'The Hawk' in every city in which he played should claim Andre as one of their own."

Dawson's official statement issued by the Hall of Fame also acknowledged fans in Montreal, Boston and South Florida.

"I respect the Hall of Fame's decision to put an Expos logo on my cap, and I understand their responsibility to make sure the logo represents the greatest impact in my career," Dawson said in a statement. "Cubs fans will always be incredibly important in my heart, and I owe them so much for making my time in Chicago memorable, as did the fans in Montreal, Boston and South Florida, my home. But knowing that I'm on the Hall of Fame team is what's most important, as it is the highest honor I could imagine."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/01/dawson-disappointed-over-decision-not-to-wear-cubs-cap.html

After hearing about how he was disappointed that he will be in the Hall of Fame wearing an Expos hat...I've lost complete respect for him. Crying to the Chicago media wanting to go to Coopers Town wearing a Cub hat, blah blah blah

Can you really blame him?? Gary Carter wanted to go as a Met, but he was forced to go in as an Expo.

Think about it, the team for which they will be remembered no longer exists?