Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

(I didn’t want to start a whole new thread on this because last time I did that I got a whole 0 replies :), so I figured this was the most appropriate spot for this post)

My Action Plan to bring back the Expos (don’t pay too much attention to the dates they’re just approx./for instance):

From the current date (2008): Continue work on the gentrification of the area of the Ville Marie borough east of Papineau and of HoMa (Hochelaga-Maisonneuve).

2008 – Completion of les Résidences Gouverneur

For 2009 season – Expansion of Saputo Stadium to 17,000

2010 – Inauguration of the new Planetarium in the Pole Maissoneuve

Grand Opening of Cite Nature @ the Olympic Village

2011 – Expansion of Saputo stadium to 20,000 seats

Montreal professionnel soccer franchise joins MLS.

MLS team uses Big O for very important games.

2012 – By then most of the work on the Quartier des Spectacles should be over. Time to work on the Quartier des Artistes (perhaps?) (rough borders: Papineau to the east, Rachel to the north, the train tracks to the east, the water to the south) an area I learned to really appreciate when my friend lived on de Maisonneuve and Dufresne a couple years ago.

2013 – Montreal gets minor league/independent league baseball team to play at Big O. Yes, it’s huge for that type of team but I have faith they could make it work by covering the higher sections with advertisements or something of the sort.

2018 – With the area surrounding the Pole Maisonneuve booming and with Montrealers perception of the area much improved, as well as the elimination of the perception of it being so far away (with the help of the Notre Dame expressway perhaps) the MLB Montreal Expos return to the Big O (with a retractable roof of course, some much needed beautification of the stadium and the completion of 1 Place Olympique some years before).

publicité

2012 – By then most of the work on the Quartier des Spectacles should be over. Time to work on the Quartier des Artistes (perhaps?) (rough borders: Papineau to the east, Rachel to the north, the train tracks to the east, the water to the south) an area I learned to really appreciate when my friend lived on de Maisonneuve and Dufresne a couple years ago.

Quartier des Artistes?? That sounds interesting...

But as far as the return of Baseball in Montréal, I think the Olympic Stadium is not a baseball stadium. If (and it is a big IF) MLB is to return in Montréal, we would need a new stadium made primarely for baseball. If it happened, I think it should be located where the Bonaventure Expressway is now (assuming it if rebuilt more to the north). A view of the St-Laurent on one side of the stadium and a view of downtown on the other side...

Have no fear...the Washington Nationals and their phony ass park will die a slow and painful death, when they're on life support (I'm gonne be a billionaire) I'm gonna lie to the people of Washington and bring the team back to it's rightful home. I'll rename the team Montreal Expos (good version) and they'll play at Labatt Park like it was meant to be:applause: :)

Honestly all you need for any sport team is a venue and someone to pony up the cash. You don't need to be a good market. Florida are you listening?

Hopefully someone who loves baseball and has the means to bring it back decides to bring baseball back to the city of saints.

Good day.

PS I'm watching the Jays tied with the Texas Rangers in EI.:pessimist::highfive:

Pour que le Baseball fonctionne a Montréal, ca prend un stade couvert. On peut retarder une saison de golf a cause de la neige mais je crois qu'on serait capable de convaincre Bud Selig de retarder la saison de Baseball parce que nous a Montréal, on a encore 4'' de neige sur le terrain. Moi je trouve que ca serait moins couteux de renover le stade olympique en parc de balle que d'en construire un nouveau. Un nouveau stade couterait au minimum 350 millions quand je crois qu'un promotteur pourrait investir disons 80 millions dans le stade actuel. Question a tous le monde si on a fini de payer le stade, est-ce qu'il appartient a Montréal ou il appartient toujours au CIO?

Pour que le Baseball fonctionne a Montréal, ca prend un stade couvert. On peut retarder une saison de golf a cause de la neige mais je crois qu'on serait capable de convaincre Bud Selig de retarder la saison de Baseball parce que nous a Montréal, on a encore 4'' de neige sur le terrain. Moi je trouve que ca serait moins couteux de renover le stade olympique en parc de balle que d'en construire un nouveau. Un nouveau stade couterait au minimum 350 millions quand je crois qu'un promotteur pourrait investir disons 80 millions dans le stade actuel. Question a tous le monde si on a fini de payer le stade, est-ce qu'il appartient a Montréal ou il appartient toujours au CIO?

Le problème, c'est qu'il y a trop de choses à faire l'été à Montréal pour que les gens choisissent d'aller passer leur temps dans un bol de toilette géant (j'adore le stade mais je reconnais ses limites). L'été est trop court au Québec pour le passer à l'intérieur et le Stade Olympique, même sans toit, reste un stade couvert. Un vrai stade découvert attirerait bien plus de monde Au besoin, on pourrait avoir un terrain chauffant pour faire fondre la neige, ou un système de souffleuses, etc. J'ai été voir des matchs de baseball au stade, avec et sans toit. C'est beaucoup mieux sans toit mais je suis sur que ce serait encore mieux dans un stade ouvert vraiment fait pour le baseball.

Le baseball ne reviendra jamais à Montréal sans un nouveau stade. Un nouveau stade BEAUCOUP plus proche du C-V et avec un toit retractable. Il faut jouer sur du VRAI Gazon aussi.

Un beau stade de 40,000 places sur le bord de l'Autoroute Bonaventure serait parfait.

Le dernier obstacle c'est de se trouver quelqu'un avec les poches très profondes. ça coute au minimum 700 millions$ pour acheter une nouvelle équipe et ensuite construire un nouveau Stade!

On pourraient demander a Ronald Hakim, y a l'air d'avoir les poches creuses lui.

Je ne crois pas qu'il soit assez riche. Ça prend un MULTI-MILLIARDAIRE. Quelqu'un avec une valeur minimum de 2 ou 3 milliards$