Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

publicité

Yah right. I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes lol

officials in the public-private partnership are promising they will stay on budget

HAHAH wont happen. I have a feeling it be like $5 billion when its all set and done.

Thats what I was thinking. Get all the press together then, April Fools!!

5 more years and 2 billion more dollars.

HAHAH wont happen. I have a feeling it be like $5 billion when its all set and done.

They will announce preferred bidder soon but I doubt they will start the construction. Anyway, early works should start shortly after the announcement. The financial close and REAL start of the construction work is forecasted for june this year.

As far as the budget is concerned, I think they will hopefully do a great job staying within the 1,35 MM$ budget

Modifié par Gbx

All it is going to be is a photo op. There will be a bunch of politicians, bureaucrats, hospital officials, etc. wearing construction hats and holding shovels. No actual work will start tomorrow. Mark my words.

Comme pour le CRCHUM et la Maison du développement durable.

Roughly 12 years after the project was first touted, a groundbreaking ceremony will be conducted Thursday afternoon – packaged with an announcement of the winning bidder – for the long-awaited McGill University Health Centre superhospital in the Glen Yard.

“I can’t say anything more than that, at this point,” Ian Popple, an MUHC spokesperson, said Wednesday afternoon.

Quebec Premier Jean Charest’s office later confirmed that Health Minister Yves Bolduc and other dignitaries expect to announce which of the two consortiums have won the $1.343-billion deal, and then to wield symbolic shovels on terrain where decontamination had been completed in fall 2006.

Former Quebec finance minister Monique Jérôme-Forget, who initiated the process that led to choosing a public-private partnership (PPP) process, had said in 2006 that the private sector would assume all the financial risks and this would ensure the MUHC hospital – as well as the new CHUM superhospital long in the planning – would be delivered on time and on budget.

Under a classic PPP, a private consortium raises all the funds, builds the hospital and maintains it for 30 years, leasing it back to the government.

Plans changed subsequently. Geneviève Villemure-Denis, press aide to Quebec Treasury Board president Monique Gagnon-Tremblay, said last December that the government will provide 45 per cent of the construction financing.

Hugo Delaney, a spokesperson for the provincial agency in charge of PPPs, said at the time that taxpayers won’t save any more money under the hybrid financing scheme.

“According to the calculations we've made, (the potential savings) are insignificant,” Delaney said.

However, Delaney said then, a decision to revert to the traditional process – by which Quebec would borrow all the funds and oversee construction – “would mean starting over.”

(Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)

They thought of this 12 years ago and they are doing a photo op tomorrow. WOW. Très slow.

2006 - $1.343-billion

2008/09 - $1.8 billion

2010 - $2.2 billion

2014 - hopefully under $5 billion LOL

(Courtesy of The Montreal Gazette)

They thought of this 12 years ago and they are doing a photo op tomorrow. WOW. Très slow.

2006 - $1.343-billion

2008/09 - $1.8 billion

2010 - $2.2 billion

2014 - hopefully under $5 billion LOL

As far as costs overun are concerned, the risk is rather low risk under a fixed priced P3 contract compared to a conventional procurement (unless there's a change in scope), however no contract will be signed tomorrow and the bidder still have some room to negociate until then.

Modifié par Gbx

Montreal General Hospital = 479 beds

Montreal Children's Hospital = 144 beds

MUHC = 500 beds (154 beds [children] + 346 beds [adults])

Sort of got short changed here.

They should keep the other hospitals open when the new one is at full capacity.