Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 753
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

IMG_8032.jpg

From this angle it looks horrible!

I passed by right in front of it today, and it looks as though the wood on the northeastern corner of the building is already starting to deteriorate. It's all dented and warped looking.... You can't really see it in the photo, but you'll definitely notice it if you look at the building from the opposite side of De Maisonneuve.

That said, I don't mind the way it kind of blends in with its western neighbour (Les Cours Mont-Royal I think?) It actually doesn't look half bad from the west. But from the east is another story! No wonder this perspective was never visible in the mock-ups!

Modifié par MTLskyline

From this angle it looks horrible!

I passed by right in front of it today, and it looks as though the wood on the northeastern corner of the building is already starting to deteriorate. It's all dented and warped looking.... You can't really see it in the photo, but you'll definitely notice it if you look at the building from the opposite side of De Maisonneuve.

That said, I don't mind the way it kind of blends in with its western neighbour (Les Cours Mont-Royal I think?) It actually doesn't look half bad from the west. But from the east is another story! No wonder this perspective was never visible in the mock-ups!

Well you have to remember that it will (eventually) be surrounded by buildings, and so the east facade will be hidden.

I actually find the finish to be quite decent, once it's completed and cleaned it will be a nice addition to de Maisonneuve.

This street just keeps getting denser and more lively; I remember this street being deserted a few years ago...what an improvement!

The blind walls are definitely ugly. I appreciate the attempts at making them nicer by putting in some waves, but a blind wall is still a blind wall.

Fortunately, it's temporary... hopefully in the next 5 years the 900 de Maisonneuve will fill up the empty space, wall-to-wall.

Patience, gentlemen. Patience.

This street just keeps getting denser and more lively; I remember this street being deserted a few years ago...what an improvement!

Agreed, I remember 15 years ago, i used to go to the Pell Pub on de Maisonneuve(the Showbar) and the street was mostly dead after 5PM.

With the additions of JMSB, Lépines, Roc Fleuri, le L-B, and this hotel, de maisonneuve will see alot more activity throughout the day!

Agreed, I remember 15 years ago, i used to go to the Pell Pub on de Maisonneuve(the Showbar) and the street was mostly dead after 5PM.

With the additions of JMSB, Lépines, Roc Fleuri, le L-B, and this hotel, de maisonneuve will see alot more activity throughout the day!

:thumbsup: C'est ça un centre-ville vivant où l'activité se poursuit et diffère selon les heures du jour ou de la nuit. La mixité bureaux, hôtel, commerces et résidences est la meilleure formule et nous sommes chanceux d'avoir préservé cette animation qui a disparu, sauf exception, dans la plupart des grandes villes nord-américaines et même canadiennes.

:thumbsup: C'est ça un centre-ville vivant où l'activité se poursuit et diffère selon les heures du jour ou de la nuit. La mixité bureaux, hôtel, commerces et résidences est la meilleure formule et nous sommes chanceux d'avoir préservé cette animation qui a disparu, sauf exception, dans la plupart des grandes villes nord-américaines et même canadiennes.

I was just in Toronto on business and the 30 minute + walk from Bay and Wellington (Business District) to Bay and Bloor (Shopping District) was a huge contrast from my usual walk of 3 minutes from Sherbrooke to Ste Catherine.

I was just in Toronto on business and the 30 minute + walk from Bay and Wellington (Business District) to Bay and Bloor (Shopping District) was a huge contrast from my usual walk of 3 minutes from Sherbrooke to Ste Catherine.

Yeah, Montreal is really more of an east-west city and Toronto is more of a north-south city.

2 décembre 2009

depuis Peel

IMG_8051.jpg

Ca nous en bouche un coin.

J'ai travaillé 10 ans dans le quartier (2045 Stanley entre Maisonneuve et Sherbrooke), de la fin des années 1980 à la fin 90. Fin 80, le secteur était parsemé de stationnements à ciel ouvert. Ce coin s'est beaucoup amélioré.