Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

Je marchais sur Maisonneuve vers l'est, et c'étais le soir, on pouvait à peine distinguer cet immeuble des autres sur la rue, il était vraiment bien intégré, tant par la hauteur que le reste.

J'aurais aimé avoir ma caméra, l'illusion était parfaite.

publicité
  • Réponses 753
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

It looks like a grimey old mid-town Manhatten hotel/apt thats waiting for redevelopment, the only problem is that its not even finished yet! I really wish they had built a big 40 floor tower that occuppied most of the block, like the original 900 De Maisonneuve proposal...

i guess we can sorta hope the actual 900 that's to be built around this mini tower could still rise higher than expected..... sorta

I think the building looks pretty decent.

The photos have just been very unflattering due to winter, cloudy skies, and the drabness of the street in general at this time of year.

Come spring, when this project is done, somebody will take a real nice sunny-day picture and i bet we'll all find it a lot better.

In person, i find the building looks much better.

this building and the overall end result with the 900 tower has to make up for the loss a montreal institution (namely, ben's deli).

problem is, so far, not so good ...

plus, are there height minimums for lots in this city ?? ..... this is a piece of prime real estate at the heart of downtown it would not only be a shame but perhaps downright irresponsible to build something that wouldnt live up to the desired density for that area. something we would then be stuck with, or pay to demolish...

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • 2 semaines plus tard...

Hmmm... I must say that looks terrible. Some of the worst architecture we have seen. It is pretty clear they tried to emulate Les Cours Mont Royal next door in "look". Thanks Dinu. This is what we get now that the Dinu doctrine of making everything "fit" and trying to re-create Montreal of yesteryear has become the accepted norm.

I will say that height on the street corner though really changes the feel of the area. It could be mistaken for 48th street and 8th Avenue in NY.