Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Screenshot_20201214-145210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Question comme ça, ils sont où les viaducs à Copenhague? J'imagine qu'ils mentionnent ça plus au titre des pistes cyclable parce que honnêtement, de ce que je vois sur les photos satelites, le transport en commun à Copenhague, c'est majoritairement sur du remblai avec des viaducs assez ordinaire pour traverser les routes. La grosse chose que je remarque sur les photos de Copenhague, c'est qu'il y a plusieurs paires de rails sur une portion importante des corridors.

Le East side access à New York passe à travers un tunnel qui a été construit et est demeuré inutilisé pendant 50 ans. Ils savaient qu'ils en auraient besoin un jour, alors ils ont prévu le coup. Ici, on le constate avec les projets de transport, on a construit le strict minimum à l'époque, puis on a laissé les promoteurs construire à quelques pieds des emprises. On se ramasse à devoir exproprier pour faire quoi que ce soit, ou construire des tunnels, ou faire des routes qui serpentent dans tous les sens.

Does anyone have idea of how this would connect to la Gare Central?

I can't imagine CDPQi would consider an option that doesn't directly connect to the their main REM line. The only feasible option would be to go down robert-bourassa and going into gare central at de la gauchetiere or saint-antoine?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spiter_01 said:

Does anyone have idea of how this would connect to la Gare Central?

I can't imagine CDPQi would consider an option that doesn't directly connect to the their main REM line. The only feasible option would be to go down robert-bourassa and going into gare central at de la gauchetiere or saint-antoine?

I did a lot of research on that subject before posting my vision for future transport lines in the greater Montreal area. I will need to edit that vision once we know exactly what is being announced. I really do think that a connection to Lucien-L'Allier, as shown in my vision thread, would have been a good idea.

My conclusion is that it's not possible to enter Gare Centrale from René-Lévesque. The station almost definitely has to be at a 90 degree angle, just like the orange line, regardless of if it's above or underground. I was most interested in knowing if it was possible to dig a second tunnel under McGill. It turns out that the AMT did study this very possibility and did conclude that it is possible. The picture that you can see here is what the SLR would have looked like if the AMT had it's way. You can see that the tracks of Gare Centrale extend all the way under René-Lévesque.

McGillSLR.jpg.c54eb2f1bcc2868f1ae5e668665c12d3.jpg

• Like 4