Aller au contenu

Station Gare Centrale - Discussion

Messages recommendés

Mais il y a une chance qu'il y ait un lien. Sur le site de Bonaventure, il est dit "De plus, la future station du Réseau express métropolitain (REM) sera accessible par l’intérieur à partir de l’immeuble." Alors cela pourrait signifier que cela arrivera ?

Modifié par mashdash
fixed grammar

On 2021-11-05 at 6:37 PM, mashdash said:

Mais il y a une chance qu'il y ait un lien. Sur le site de Bonaventure, il est dit "De plus, la future station du Réseau express métropolitain (REM) sera accessible par l’intérieur à partir de l’immeuble." Alors cela pourrait signifier que cela arrivera ?

I doubt it. They will take the easiest and cheapest way to connect them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lma13 said:

I doubt it. They will take the easiest and cheapest way to connect them.

The thing with that type of thinking is that you end up with poorly though out solutions. Just start searching a bit on Youtube and you will find dozens of projects world wide which are being done with the sole purpose of fixing past mistakes and improving user experience. Theses projects are generally more costly then doing the right thing the first go around, and tend to be rather disruptive to existing users, or extremely complex when disruptions are not an option. This is the major bone that I have to pick with CDPQ and the way that they are planning this right now. That 200 million extra it might cost to get it right the first time will end up being a billion 10 years down the road, when things just aren't working as they should and we need to implement a fix. There's a lot of things that capitalism gets right, but this is one of those where monetary concerns tend to get in the way and result in short sighted decisions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

On sait qu'il y aura 2 X 200m sur le South Block Ouest, mais il est impératif qu'il y ait au moins une tour de 200m dans le complexe qui se construira sur le site de la Gare Centrale. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 semaines plus tard...

Good news about the connection to Bonaventure Metro Station...

From an email I received from REM when asking about the connection

After validation with the team, there was indeed a project to connect the 3 levels by an elevator (metro, REM and exhibition halls) as presented on the images you shared.

The Autorité régionale de transport métropolitain (ARTM) is responsible for those types of intermodal connections. We would direct you to them for more information : https://www.artm.quebec/nous-joindre/.

As for the REM, the link between the station (and the Salle des Pas Perdus) and the Bonaventure metro remains unchanged.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Unchanged from...?

I believe they mean they aren't changing the yellow/orange path in this image (connection between Bonaventure Metro and Gare Centrale). The tiny escalator with low roof is staying

image.png

il y a 51 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Unchanged from…?

I understand that they won't change anything, so you will be able to get out of the REM to Bonaventure but not come in from there.  The ARTM would be responsible to do a better path.  We saw how many decades it took to put the 1000RL accessible (and not even from Central Station!).

• Like 1