Aller au contenu

Station Gare Centrale - Discussion

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, mashdash said:

Good news about the connection to Bonaventure Metro Station...

From an email I received from REM when asking about the connection

After validation with the team, there was indeed a project to connect the 3 levels by an elevator (metro, REM and exhibition halls) as presented on the images you shared.

The Autorité régionale de transport métropolitain (ARTM) is responsible for those types of intermodal connections. We would direct you to them for more information : https://www.artm.quebec/nous-joindre/.

As for the REM, the link between the station (and the Salle des Pas Perdus) and the Bonaventure metro remains unchanged.

Thank you

There was, meaning, in the past, and also implying that they don't know the current status of that project. They make it clear that it is not their responsibility. They are also directing you to the contact page for the ARTM. I don't see how this is a good news. That answer really doesn't tell us anything at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Enalung said:

There was, meaning, in the past, and also implying that they don't know the current status of that project. They make it clear that it is not their responsibility. They are also directing you to the contact page for the ARTM. I don't see how this is a good news. That answer really doesn't tell us anything at all.

I guess their acknowledgment of the plan existing is more than I was expecting, because it took almost a month for them to respond.

I contacted ARTM about it, I'll share if/what they respond.

• Like 1

Pourquoi semble-t-il que tant d'éléments restent en dehors de la compétence d'Infra? “That’s the city’s responsibility… That’s ARTM’s responsibility…” This is simply not an integrated transit project.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Pourquoi semble-t-il que tant d'éléments restent en dehors de la compétence d'Infra? “That’s the city’s responsibility… That’s ARTM’s responsibility…” This is simply not an integrated transit project.

Exactly the same thing is happening in EVERY government or parapublic company. "Its not us, its them!"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Exactly the same thing is happening in EVERY government or parapublic company. "Its not us, its them!"

I've said it a few times already, and I know it is wishful thinking, but I really feel that allowing municipalities to leave after the fusion was a big mistake which needs to be rectified once and for all. There's too many deciders in the room, all trying to get their share of limited ressources. We can't have a proper transit network when all we do is sprinkle a little here and a little bit there to try and satisfy everyone. This dynamic is also part of what enables this blame game to go around. There's always somebody else to blame. Somebody needs to have the final say and somebody needs to have the ultimate responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Même si une meilleure connectivité serait à l'avantage de toutes les parties prenantes, personne ne veut en assumer la responsabilité et les coûts.  Dans sa négociation de l'entente avec CDPQ-i pour le REM, le Gouvernement du Québec aurait pu exiger que l'élément sus-mentionné soit inclus; et puisque ceci aurait impliqué des coûts supplémentaires, CDPQ-i aurait pu demander une contrepartie, sous une forme ou une autre.  Or cet élément n'a pas été inclus.  On ne peut pas "demander" à la CDPQ-i de l'ajouter après coup.  Les fonds requis doivent venir d'ailleurs.  

Le fait qu'il y ait plus d'un intervenant, notamment dans le domaine du transport collectif, n'est pas en soi un obstacle empêchant ou interdisant des prises de décisions optimales.  Sinon, tout serait centralisé à un seul "haut" lieu, et on ne serait pas plus assuré d'obtenir les décisions les plus adéquates. 

Dans le dossier spécifique de la connectivité à la Station Gare Centrale, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui est en cause, mais le manque de volonté du payeur ultime. 

Possibly related to the construction, I noticed these signs at the tunnel in Bonaventure that’ll hopefully connect to the REM. Also the sign above the door is blacked out now, not saying to “place d’exposition.”

B26F3FC3-E8B3-475A-BA7A-26AE20CF258F.jpeg

Modifié par mashdash

Le 2021-12-07 à 20:50, Né entre les rapides a dit :

Même si une meilleure connectivité serait à l'avantage de toutes les parties prenantes, personne ne veut en assumer la responsabilité et les coûts.  Dans sa négociation de l'entente avec CDPQ-i pour le REM, le Gouvernement du Québec aurait pu exiger que l'élément sus-mentionné soit inclus; et puisque ceci aurait impliqué des coûts supplémentaires, CDPQ-i aurait pu demander une contrepartie, sous une forme ou une autre.  Or cet élément n'a pas été inclus.  On ne peut pas "demander" à la CDPQ-i de l'ajouter après coup.  Les fonds requis doivent venir d'ailleurs.  

Le fait qu'il y ait plus d'un intervenant, notamment dans le domaine du transport collectif, n'est pas en soi un obstacle empêchant ou interdisant des prises de décisions optimales.  Sinon, tout serait centralisé à un seul "haut" lieu, et on ne serait pas plus assuré d'obtenir les décisions les plus adéquates. 

Dans le dossier spécifique de la connectivité à la Station Gare Centrale, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui est en cause, mais le manque de volonté du payeur ultime. 

Les groupes d'utilisateurs à mobilité réduite vont sûrement mettre beaucoup de pression pour ce lien avec les élus.  Donc bien que ça ne sera pas construit à court-terme, j'imagine que ça sera quand même fait. La mairesse Plante veut également devancer l'installation d'ascenceurs dans les stations, ça serait cohérent.

On 2021-12-07 at 2:42 PM, SameGuy said:

Because when you build it or take charge of it you also take on a certain level of future responsibility for it. There's simply nothing to be gained from that kind of open ended liability on CDPQ's end.

Bonaventure station was (I don't know if it still is) very popular with the homeless a few years back, that tunnel often reeked of the smell of urine and frankly could be sketch at times. 

Given the certain Montreal media often take liberties in reporting the news and are more than willing to pigeon hole facts to fit a narrative. 

"Aggression armé dans les tunnels de CDPQ"

"Incivilité dans les stations du REM"

It's very easy for me to understand why, in the private sector you'd have all this outlined in contracts and disagreements sorted through confidential and binding arbitration. In this case when your counter party are politicians that just love dragging the "big bad institution" through the mud in public, why would you open that door?

• 1 mois plus tard...

Étrange la réponse de la CPDQ-INFRA qui renvoit la balle à l'ARTM, un article de 2016 parlant de ce nouveau lien spécifiait cela

'L’aménagement de ce passage n’aura pas d’impact sur la facture du REM, qui atteint maintenant 5,9G$ avec la construction de trois nouvelles stations du centre-ville. «Ça fait partie du coût global du projet», a dit Jean-Vincent Lacroix."

https://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/1060927/un-passage-plus-rapide-sera-amenage-entre-le-rem-et-la-station-bonaventure/?fbclid=IwAR0zLWAFiQMMXdF0BRBnC-ySh5iRpKWXGvPDZyMoiacV5f_ZfqeWZpcmx68

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1