Aller au contenu

REM - Antenne Ouest

Messages recommendés

Il y a 21 heures, SameGuy a dit :

Nobody ever accused Paola Hawa of being the sharpest tool in the shed. WTF is she on about? Can’t have one bus per minute on a road that has dozens of cars a minute at rush hours and maybe just slightly fewer per minute throughout the rest of the day? Several STM buses per hour already use Chemin Ste-Marie but according to her “it’s not wide enough for 60 buses.” Does she think they go side by side? The original “Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue” station was supposed to have a huge incentive parking lot but she put the kibosh on that, so now she’s complaining about the buses. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Seriously, the boomers and NIMBYs have got to disappear eventually.

I found that your argument had a fair value, until you somewhat ruined it with the last sentence.  It was  unnecessary and  misses the point.  I suppose it is a reflection of your overall thinking, whereby a brave new world exclusively inhabited by well-behaved like-minded people is "finally" about to come, after thousands of years of human presence on this planet.  You might be sorely disappointed.  Egotistical behaviors and conflicts have existed well before the coming of the post-war generation, and I see little reasons to believe that this will radically change any time soon.  Granted, idealistic minds like yours are striving for the big transformation, but again, we've seen that before, many times over. 

Now, let me lean on your side a little: while I assume that NIMBYs (and related attitudes) will exist for ever, what can change  is how the broader society responds--i.e. by being prepared to more forcefully invoke the common good as a rationale for making choices and implementing them.  For a thorough discussion on this theme, see  "Tyranny of the majority" and "Tyranny of the minority".

Back to Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, the "60 buses per hour" and Chemin Sainte-Marie.  To me, this is no big deal.  In due time, if necessary, adjusments can be made  at a fairly modest cost in relation to the whole REM project.  It is not as if a huge planning error had been made.  As a matter of fact, there might have been be no error at all.  Until the line is in operation in 2023, I shall be interested in seeing modelling of the operations at this end of the line station.

• Thanks 1

Petite tournée dans l'Ouest

• Photos 1-2-3: Réception de rails, au début de l'antenne Ouest (rue Kieran, Ville Saint-Laurent);
  • Photos 4-5: Marie poursuit son chemin entre l'avenue André et le boul. Des Sources;
  • Photos 6-7-8: Anne a complété sa traversée du boul. Saint-Charles et poursuit tranquillement son avancée vers la station Kirkland.

Question que je me pose : Quelqu'un peut me dire pourquoi on a utilisé une base à 2 piliers, au lieu d'un seul, à la brettelle du Boul. Saint-Jean direction Sud --> A40-O (photos 6-7)? 

15-07-2020

20200715_110246.jpg

20200715_110251.jpg

20200715_110340.jpg

20200715_112902.jpg

20200715_112912.jpg

20200715_115343.jpg

20200715_115402.jpg

20200715_115450(0).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

il y a 32 minutes, Chuck-A a dit :

Question que je me pose : Quelqu'un peut me dire pourquoi on a utilisé une base à 2 piliers, au lieu d'un seul, à la brettelle du Boul. Saint-Jean direction Sud --> A40-O (photos 6-7)? 

Peut-être pour éviter une quelconque conduite ou autre infrastructure souterraine en cet endroit précis ? 

• Like 1

This exactly. On y voit ailleurs des chevêtres à deux colonnes, ainsi que quelques chevêtres asymmétriques; c’est à cause des obstacles aux colonnes, ils aident à maintenir le trajet sans trop de zigonnage.

• Like 1