Aller au contenu

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 5 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Support à caténaires beaucoup trop hauts

Et moi qui pensais que ce qui n'obstrue pas la vue du Mont-Royal était automatiquement acclamé!  Se pourrait-il que d'autres critères devraient aussi être pris en considération à Montréal? (enfin!)

Par contre, n'y a-t-il pas un avantage à obstruer un peu la vue en direction de Griffintown, puisque les commentaires sur ce quartier sont majoritairement négatifs de la part des observateurs de MTLURB ?   -- Il est vrai que les supports à caténaires "trop" hauts n'ont pas un aussi bel effet qu'une allée d'arbres de 20 mètres de hauteur, mais c'est un début.  As they say: "Be careful what you wish for".  You (perhaps not you personally)  wanted to hide Griffintown from the view, and you got your wish.

4 hours ago, p_xavier said:

Plus beau que le reste du tronçon.

Agree. Now imagine evicting Dépotium and repurposing the arcades and interior spaces of the viaduct.

https://www.andrewhunterbrown.ca/3024414-re-viaduct

http://spacing.ca/montreal/2008/03/09/under-the-bridge-creative-use-of-space/

• Like 3

People just dont know how much the structure shakes when a VIA or exo train passes on it. It would be impossible to sustain any prolonged activity inside this structure, so no "social" project can ever come to fruition. Yes, I had a depotium locker there and yes, when u go inside and a train passes on top its like Montreal is shaken by a scale 10 earthquake. Nice dreams of refurbishing, will stay a dream.

I think CWR on the two mainline tracks would make a significant reduction in whatever noise and vibration Rocco felt. But at higher cost, yes, sleeper pads could be installed, or a complete slab track system retrofitted as on the REM side.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I think CWR on the two mainline tracks would make a significant reduction in whatever noise and vibration Rocco felt. But at higher cost, yes, sleeper pads could be installed, or a complete slab track system retrofitted as on the REM side.

Continuous Welded Rail for those who aren't familiar with the acronym. I really don't understand why we still haven't standardised the use of theses in Canada. The old bolted rails really should all be replaced. Those connections allow the rails to move way too much. That's what generates the bang bang bang noise we are all so familiar with. Bolted rails cause so many unnecessary problems. I've still got photos of:

• cracked rail heads at the connection
  • sleepers that are floating
  • nails that have been pulled up so high that they get hit by the train wheels
  • broken bolts
  • connection plates that have slipped out of place
  • holes that are elongated, thus increasing the possible range of mouvement

The government is way too lenient with railway companies. The right combination of those problems could easily cause a derailment, or worse. It's happened in Sherbrooke, right in the city center, with no serious consequences thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1