Aller au contenu

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 11 minutes, Enalung a dit :

I really don't understand why we still haven't standardised the use of theses in Canada. 

I had the same question, so I had to resort to a rather unorthodox explanation: (some) Canadians love the bang bang noise, it's so much a symbol of national unity achieved by the railroads. 

Let's say you're watching a movie: your eyes are tired, so you briefly close them.  But you hear the bang bang, so you know that a train is passing: you have not missed much.  But with CWR, you would be in the dark.   

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Né entre les rapides said:

I had the same question, so I had to resort to a rather unorthodox explanation: (some) Canadians love the bang bang noise, it's so much a symbol of national unity achieved by the railroads. 

Let's say you're watching a movie: your eyes are tired, so you briefly close them.  But you hear the bang bang, so you know that a train is passing: you have not missed much.  But with CWR, you would be in the dark.   

There would still be some level of steel on steel rail grinding to be heard in the curves from contact with the wheel flange. CWR are also known for another noise. When a train is approaching, you can sometime hear this low humming noise if you are close enough. That noise is the rail vibrating, and CWR can transmit that noise along the rail several kilometers away. Fortunately, it isn't anywhere near as disruptive as the bang bang noise we are all accustomed to.

• Like 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Ils ont retiré la webcam qui donnait sur le Bassin Peel juste au moment où ils commencent à installer les horribles caténaires sur cette section. Sont wise en titi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Ils ont retiré la webcam qui donnait sur le Bassin Peel juste au moment où ils commencent à installer les horribles caténaires sur cette section. Sont wise en titi.

Theyre better than what's on the rest of the line. And don't forget that viaduc was a dump. And griffintown is already horrible. The catenaires will have zero impact 

37 minutes ago, lma13 said:

The catenaires will have zero impact

The guard rails, posts for the overhead lines, and most of the central catwalk have been completed on the Doney Spur segment of the West Island from the 40 to the 40; they are almost unnoticeable in this ugly industrial area.

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

C'est vraiment pas beau. Et le monde avec moi partage la même opinion. "Ils pouvaient pas mieux intégrer ça?" est la question qui revient sans cesse.

20220320_104349.jpg

20220320_104346.jpg

lol ya thats really bad.. i guess thats what cost cutting does