Aller au contenu
publicité

Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Rive-Sud

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Je plante la STM sur à peu près tous les fils... Et tout le monde sait que je suis pas contre le REM, je suis contre le short-sighted vision d'une architecture/ingénierie de m..... J'ose croire que tu puisses saisir la nuance.

• Like 1

publicité
Il y a 2 heures, peekay a dit :

What an absolute terrible design. Look at this horror...Yes the wires look bad on the bridge but look at this....Take everybody's $500 back and fix this ASAP!

image.thumb.png.51ad5009c963a07f42ed9562557aed3c.png

Épouvantable!

• Thanks 1

il y a 9 minutes, Internist a dit :

I am not sure they consciously placed fonction over form… I think they might have simply forgotten about form, or it was simply an afterthought.

I am excited to use the REM, don’t get me wrong. But just like you can appreciate the convenience of the subway without condoning the lack of proper maintenance, you can appreciate the REM without condoning its complete disregard of aesthetics.

When you look at the concrete-steel junctions, the catenaries, the drainage systems, the pillars themselves, and basically every aspect of the execution (especially on the southern segment), it’s hard not to scoff at such poor tastes and shitty execution. I mean, it’s so bad they are basically competing with the MTQ at this point. And I would rate the execution of the MTQ as far better in numerous projects, including the Turcot interchange (and its abusive use of concrete walls turned canvas for graffitis). Some of the people criticizing the MTQ are all of a sudden blind defenders of the REM. All I am saying is that it’s possible to criticize the REM without being categorically anti-REM. ✌️ 

Exactement, et c'est en partie pourquoi ils méritent une partie des critiques du REM de l'Est. Ils ont priorisés le court-terme -le rendement du REM- sur l'image de marque de l'expansion du REM.

Overhead wiring being installed this afternoon on the Brossard side of the bridge. It's almost invisible in the bright sun   :)

Image credit: pontsamueldechamplain.ca 

2022 03 04 1537 ET-Installation of REM overhead wiring-Source samueldechamplainbridge dot ca.jpg