Aller au contenu

L'Avenue - 50 étages

WestAust

Messages recommendés

Hello Guys,

I live in this tower since a couple of days and wanted to ask if it's normal to hear the ventilation system above the bell center while the doors are closed in the condo? That voice is kind of stressing and running like 24h and when I asked the developer they said that their bulding is built with top quality of curtain windows and that they can't control the sound from inside or outside. It's just terrible that you trying to sleep and you can hear that noise. My unit is on the 17 floor and I am able to hear all of that.

Cela dépend de la qualité de la vitre...

• Réponses 3,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Hello Guys,

I live in this tower since a couple of days and wanted to ask if it's normal to hear the ventilation system above the bell center while the doors are closed in the condo? That voice is kind of stressing and running like 24h and when I asked the developer they said that their bulding is built with top quality of curtain windows and that they can't control the sound from inside or outside. It's just terrible that you trying to sleep and you can hear that noise. My unit is on the 17 floor and I am able to hear all of that.

If you look at google earth, you can see the ventilation system and generator's chimneys are just in front of Avenue's street, maybe right in front of your windows. I can understand the sound is terrible...

Sans titre.png

I really do not know what to do with this and the promoter does not seem to collaborate too much and I have no neighbors on my floor to ask if they hears the noise too. They just said we are up to the building code as to the soundproofing of the building (inside and outside), but can not control the external sounds unfortunately. Is there anything I can do from the inside to filter the noise a bit more? or do a complain somewhere to see if they can move those stuff elsewhere? I guess it's not since it's bell center and you can't do anything againt it.

We had similar problems here in my apartment building in NYC. *They replaced our windows with very thick new ones. *Doubt they'll do that for L'Avenue. *There are other things you can do to mitigate the noise. *Check out Quora and ask questions here: *https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-do-noise-cancellation-in-a-residential-room *. *

I agree. Let the city know, they will send someone over to take measurements and you may be able to log a complaint.

One option is to get very thick "blackout" style curtains for the windows. In my old apartment I found they filter out a good amount of noise but they MUST be floor to ceiling.

Thanks for that suggestion I will try to call the city and let them know and also before that will try to meet a couple of guys living on the 10th floor to see if they are hearing the same thing and if we could be a couple of guys and call them. For the curtains I was going to buy a windows shade blackout but as your suggestions I might cancel that and go for a real thick curtain. Any idea if they have acoustic curtain in Montreal?

I really do not know what to do with this and the promoter does not seem to collaborate too much and I have no neighbors on my floor to ask if they hears the noise too. They just said we are up to the building code as to the soundproofing of the building (inside and outside), but can not control the external sounds unfortunately. Is there anything I can do from the inside to filter the noise a bit more? or do a complain somewhere to see if they can move those stuff elsewhere? I guess it's not since it's bell center and you can't do anything againt it.

Quand tu auras des voisins, formez-vous en un comité et aller poser vos questions au Conseil d'arrondissement de Ville-Marie.