Aller au contenu

L'Avenue - 50 étages

WestAust

Messages recommendés

@blxmontreal

''Je doute que ces gens la prennent souvent le métro...''

Ce n'est pas la norme, certes, mais un bon nombre de gens qui ont de l'argent se déplacent en métro. Le PDG de l'endroit où je bosse vient en métro au boulot. Je ne suis pas riche, mais tout de même loin d'être dans le trou et pourrais très bien mettre de l'argent sur une voiture plus clinquante, mais j'en ai une vieille qui fait bien son boulot et que je ne l'utilise qu'une ou deux fois par semaine. Je vais travailler dans le Vieux Montréal en métro. J'aime tout simplement plus ce mode de vie. Plus sain, plus actif et en fait plus pratique compte tenu d'où j'habite.

Pour plusieurs, le symbole de la voiture n'est plus ce qu'il était. Pour beaucoup de travailleurs plus jeunes qui ont un bon niveau de vie, son attrait baisse sérieusement. On parle de Montréal et ses quartiers centraux, la voiture est encoce King en banlieue et ailleurs au Québec (et c'est normal, c'est nécessaire).

• Réponses 3,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Sur le bloque immobilier de lapresse.ca

AJOUT:

Je viens de m’entretenir avec Anthony Broccolini, directeur principal de l’entreprise. Il m’a donné quelques détails supplémentaires sur le projet.

Tout d’abord, il affirme que son groupe ne diminuera en aucun cas le nombre d’étages de la tour. Les plans actuels prévoient une hauteur de 175 mètres, ou 50 étages, et jusqu’à 7 étages supplémentaires pourraient ajoutés si la demande le justifie.

Si cette hauteur s’avère, L’Avenue serait à peine moins haute que la tour CIBC, qui mesure 188 mètres. Le diagramme ci-dessous montre les plus hauts immeubles de Montréal:

diagrame.png
Source: SkyscraperPage.com

Le prix moyen des unités sera de 550$ à 600$ le pied carré (taxe comprise), et les stationnements coûteront 60 000$.

Broccolini souhaite débuter la construction en 2013 et la compléter dans un délai de trois ans. L’entreprise déterminera d’ici quelques mois quel pourcentage des unités devront avoir été vendues pour lancer les travaux.

M. Broccolini estime enfin que la nouvelle tour deviendra un “symbole” de la métropole, dont tous les Montréalais pourront être fiers, comme l’a été la Place Ville-Marie à son époque. Rien de moins.

Merci pour cet info davidbourque. très apprécié. Donc 50 étages et 175 mètres assuré et possibilité de rajouter 7 étages (7*3 = 21m.) 175 + 21 = 196mètres!!!

J'adore le look de cette tour. Assez different de ce à quoi nous sommes habitués à Montréal. Espérons que les ventes iront bien et que ceci incitera CF a revenir avec une nouvelle évocation pour la Tour des Canadiens à 62 étages! ;)

• Like 1

With approval from Malek to affiliate to MTLURB - I had the opportunity to talk to Anthony Broccolini as well this afternoon. I will skip over what has been covered already. I only had about 10 minutes so I didn’t get into major details. I can tell you this, this guy is super passionate about construction and Montreal. The excitement around this project for him is very obvious, there is a huge amount of pride that Broccolini will be able to make a mark on downtown Montreal. In his words, “Place Ville Marie changed the face of downtown Montreal for office and that’s what I want L’Avenue to do for residential”

Details

-The podium will have 3 floors of retail space that will be devoted mainly to restaurant style establishments. The lot is too narrow to offer the possibility

-The Hotel component proposed is from floors 3-8 and projects from 130-150 rooms. They have already been approached by a few hotel chains and have started serious discussions.

I took the liberty of asking him if he was concerned that other high end hotel projects like the Waldorf-Astoria and Hilton Conrad stalled. He said he wasn't that concerned because Broccolini has the advantage of being the builder and developer that offers them more flexibility and better economies of scale. He wasn't sure why those other projects hadn't moved forward but was confident that due to their advantages and location, a hotel chain signing on was almost guaranteed.

They did explore doing a mixed use with an office component, but opted for a hotel instead.

There will be 5 underground levels for parking

The architectural firm behind the project is IBI/Page Steele from Toronto. There was no coordination with IBI/Cardinal Hardy and the Cadillac Fairview project. They chose Page Steele because they wanted a firm that has a strong background in high rise development. The local liaison is Claude Marcotte from IBI/Martin+Marcotte.

The architectural design is not completed but will maintain the look we see on the current rendering with three pillars.

The project was submitted to the city on Tuesday and will go before council on July 12th. There are no zoning changes requested or required. The density for the lot is 12.

Competition

According to Anthony Broccolini, the competition is both good and bad. He personally knows the other developers and, sure, they will eat into each other sales at the beginning but "5 years from now all these towers will be up and successful and the area will be completely transformed" on the same note he is not concerned about the Cadillac Fairview project, he views it in the same way.

Marketing of the tower will highlight the tallest residential tower in the city.

What’s next

Broccolini has built over 1.5 million sqft of office space in Ottawa over the last years which gave them the expertise for this project. They are obviously focusing on this current project and are very pleased that they were able to enter to downtown market so quickly and in such a grand way. No other projects are on the horizon right now, but they want to become an active player in the downtown market.

--

As the project moved forward, I will meet with him again and give you guys and update.

With ... “Place Ville Marie changed the face of downtown Montreal for office and that’s what I want L’Avenue to do for residential”

(...)

As the project moved forward, I will meet with him again and give you guys and update.

Malaaaade !!!!!!! MERCI ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !