Aller au contenu

Le Roccabella - 40, 40 étages (2018)

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Je trouve bien dommage d'avoir tous ces projets majeurs et qu'aucun d'entre eux ont prévu un développement du réso... Comme plusieurs l'ont mentionné, ce sont de belles opportunités de manquées, surtout que plusieurs de ces projets sont voisins immédiats du réso actuel. Il devrait exister un incitatif de la part de la ville pour que ça soit vraiment intéressant pour les promoteurs de développer le réseau; non seulement un accès mais un niveau commercial au sous-sol...

On se pète les brettelles à Montréal en disant qu'on a le plus grand réseau souterrain de la planète mais je crois que ce n'est même plus vrai aujourd'hui; en tout cas, ça ne sera plus vrai dans un très proche avenir car plusieurs villes développent leur réseau vigoureusement.

Je trouve bien dommage d'avoir tous ces projets majeurs et qu'aucun d'entre eux ont prévu un développement du réso... Comme plusieurs l'ont mentionné, ce sont de belles opportunités de manquées, surtout que plusieurs de ces projets sont voisins immédiats du réso actuel. Il devrait exister un incitatif de la part de la ville pour que ça soit vraiment intéressant pour les promoteurs de développer le réseau; non seulement un accès mais un niveau commercial au sous-sol...

On se pète les brettelles à Montréal en disant qu'on a le plus grand réseau souterrain de la planète mais je crois que ce n'est même plus vrai aujourd'hui; en tout cas, ça ne sera plus vrai dans un très proche avenir car plusieurs villes développent leur réseau vigoureusement.

When I last visited Montreal - albeit in winter - I noticed that much of the retail/restaurant activity downtown seemed to be funneled into the RESO. I also noticed that most of the Metro stops downtown appeared to force you to walk through the RESO in order to access a street. I'm curious how you see the RESO impacting outdoor street life/outdoor retail activity in the city. In the US, the concet of indoor urban shopping malls has been scrapped in the last 20 years as most urban planners here see them as damaging to streetlife. Do you feel that this has been the case in Montreal?

When I last visited Montreal - albeit in winter - I noticed that much of the retail/restaurant activity downtown seemed to be funneled into the RESO. I also noticed that most of the Metro stops downtown appeared to force you to walk through the RESO in order to access a street. I'm curious how you see the RESO impacting outdoor street life/outdoor retail activity in the city. In the US, the concet of indoor urban shopping malls has been scrapped in the last 20 years as most urban planners here see them as damaging to streetlife. Do you feel that this has been the case in Montreal?

It's certainly something to keep an eye on but I think, in the case of Montreal at least, we've seen the opposite; they complement well each other. One area where the RÉSO is most developed is under Ste-Catherine/de Maisonneuve between McGill and Peel metro stations where there is tons of underground retail - it's also that part of Ste-Catherine street where it is most active or busy ("achalandée").

People still go to downtown during winter in very cold weather because they know they don't have to stay outside. Same thing during hot summer days. I used to work in an office near La Baie and we would often go to Eaton's Center for lunch - if it was really crappy weather out there (rain storm or cold) we could reach the place indoor but every time it was nice outdoors, we would walk the street which is actually a shortcut compared to underground. I believe the two of them (street vs underground) work well together and both profit from the other.

I have to agree with franktko! You would think that by having indoor shopping in the central business district that it would hurt all the outdoor stores, but it doesn't. From April to October the sidewalks are full of people. While in the winter months, the indoor shopping malls connected to the RESO are full as well.

I have to agree with franktko! You would think that by having indoor shopping in the central business district that it would hurt all the outdoor stores, but it doesn't. From April to October the sidewalks are full of people. While in the winter months, the indoor shopping malls connected to the RESO are full as well.

I appreciate your perspectives. Regarding connecting the new condo developments to the RESO, I can see the value of not connecting the developments due to security concerns. The reality is people pay a premium for these types of developments because of things like exclusivity and security. Unfortunately, the more entrances you have to the main lobby of the building i.e. street entrance, parking garage entrances, potential RESO entrance - the more chance there is that somebody could slip through an open door or past a doorman. By not connecting the buildings to RESO you at least eliminate one potentially easy way for nefarious characters to slip in undetected. With that said, and knowing how winters in Montreal can be, I can certainly see the value of being able to walk right from my building into work, shopping, restaurant without having to go outside. A tough call if your a promoter.

I do have one self-serving question, if you will permit me. I am going to be visiting Montreal the week of Aug. 6 and am greatly looking forward to it as it will be my first visit in warm weather. Is there a trick from getting from the Metro platforms downtown immediately to the street without having to travel through the RESO or one of the shopping complexes? Is there a certain sign I should look for when exiting? That's been one of my frustrations using the Metro in the past. Sometimes I just like to walk upstairs, right to the sidewalk and I've found that a bit difficult in the past. Thanks!

Modifié par jdrinboston

I do have one self-serving question, if you will permit me. I am going to be visiting Montreal the week of Aug. 6 and am greatly looking forward to it as it will be my first visit in warm weather. Is there a trick from getting from the Metro platforms downtown immediately to the street without having to travel through the RESO or one of the shopping complexes? Is there a certain sign I should look for when exiting? That's been one of my frustrations using the Metro in the past. Sometimes I just like to walk upstairs, right to the sidewalk and I've found that a bit difficult in the past. Thanks!

It depends from which station, but yes it is possible. Stations like Peel, McGill or Lucien L'allier offers access straight from the metro to the street with no need to go through a shopping mall.

Just look for street names exit

Every metro station to my knowledge has an exit that goes straight outside, to the street. The thing is that you might have to take the narrowest or smallest corridor, since the largest ones lead to indoor shopping centres or other indoor attractions and long corridors (such as in McGill, Square-Victoria, Bonaventure or Place-des-Arts stations).

You can use this map and then click on the station you're interested in. For each station, there is a Entrances section that includes a Neighbourhood map; on this map you can see the shape of the actual train station and the direct accesses that are closest.

http://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/metro

Wow, these are awesome! Very detailed. Thank you all for your help.