Complexe Desjardins - Rénovations et Nouveautés

BiloMtl

I may be in the minority here, but I think Complexe Desjardins' architecture/aesthetic is aging well - that is, it is looking better with age. Civilization/cultures we tend to appreciate architecture and design the more time passes.

For me, the same can be said for the following: The Queen E, Complexe Maisonneuve (Bell/Banque Nat'l), and the Stade Olympique.

I tend to agree with you, especially with Le Complexe D. Didn't they win an award for the design? In any case be careful what you wish for...

That being said, I do appreciate the functional and aesthethic changes they have made to the commercial areas over the years.

I would also like to see them open up more to the street (in any way possible).

Good restaurants in the QDS are lacking, so hopefully we'll eventually see some great new terraces on either side of the main entrance on St-Cat instead of retail.

• 11 months later...

Des méga travaux ont commencé dans la partie sud du Complexe Desjardins tant à l'extérieur qu'à l'intérieur. 1ère phase apparemment....

J'ai pas de photos mais la démolition des vieux pots à fleurs sur René-Levesque est deja faite, ça avance très vite.

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

Des méga travaux ont commencé dans la partie sud du Complexe Desjardins tant à l'extérieur qu'à l'intérieur. 1ère phase apparemment....

J'ai pas de photos mais la démolition des vieux pots à fleurs sur René-Levesque est deja faite, ça avance très vite.

Nice to see they are going to give the building a facelift of the sort.

• 4 weeks later...

Quelques rendus de plus provenant de la firme qui a fait les dessins montrés précédemment:

Coin Jeanne-Mance/René-Lévesque

com07.jpg

Meilleure qualité d'image entrée R-L

com08.jpg

Hall intérieur

com05.jpg

com06.jpg