mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 361
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Interesting. There are anglos kids at my son's school (CSDM school, Paul-Bruchési). I assume that this was their will since I believe that the anglos still have choice to send their kids to english school if they want. The lack of english school in the Plateau must not be the only reason thought.

However, I can hear that they speak english to their kids. Lucky them : they will be fluent in both languages by the end of primary school !!

A friend of my son has a french speaking mother and english speaking father and is bilingual pretty much since before kindergaten.

My so at 11 do not speaks english fluently but can watch english tv and understand most of it !!

Once again, this city is on the verge of becoming perfectly bilingual. And the only one in Canada. Am I wrong ?

Interesting. There are anglos kids at my son's school (CSDM school, Paul-Bruchési). I assume that this was their will since I believe that the anglos still have choice to send their kids to english school if they want. The lack of english school in the Plateau must not be the only reason thought.

However, I can hear that they speak english to their kids. Lucky them : they will be fluent in both languages by the end of primary school !!

A friend of my son has a french speaking mother and english speaking father and is bilingual pretty much since before kindergaten.

My so at 11 do not speaks english fluently but can watch english tv and understand most of it !!

Once again, this city is on the verge of becoming perfectly bilingual. And the only one in Canada. Am I wrong ?

Ottawa and Moncton are also pretty bilingual, but I think Montreal takes the cake.

Hey Kilgore, where did you find these statistics?

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • Administrateur

Montreal's urban sprawl continues

Island loses 20,000 residents to surrounding areas

Montreal Gazette

Published: 2 hours ago

Montreal Island is continuing to lose population to surrounding regions, a study of address changes last year indicates.

For the fifth year in a row, Montreal and suburbs on the island suffered a net loss of approximately 20,000 residents, the Institut de la statistique du Québec reported yesterday.

Its demographers drew the numbers from new addresses given for medicare cards issued by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec last year.

That migration out of Montreal represented an internal loss of 1.29 per cent of the island's 1.85 million residents from 2006 to 2007, the institute said.

Conversely, the regions surrounding the city had the highest net gains in population: Lanaudière (1.62 per cent), the Laurentians (1.21 per cent), Laval (0.55 per cent) and the Montérégie (0.47 per cent).

Vaudreuil-Soulanges - which includes Hudson, Rigaud and Île Perrot - was the regional municipality with the highest net population gain: 2.56 per cent.

Other big increases were scored by the Mirabel regional municipality (2.42 per cent), which encompasses the town of Mirabel, and Les Moulins regional municipality (2.19 per cent), which takes in Mascouche and Terrebonne.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=7011641e-e5e1-4149-8a29-3ff3f21f77bd&k=9266

• Administrateur

Migration: l'île de Montréal, grande perdante

Hugo Fontaine

La Presse

L'étalement urbain se poursuit de plus belle dans la région métropolitaine, selon ce que révèle un bilan des migrations internes de 2006-2007 dévoilé hier par l'Institut de la statistique du Québec (ISQ).

L'île de Montréal a vu près de 65 000 de ses habitants quitter vers les autres régions du Québec, surtout vers les régions adjacentes de Lanaudière, Laurentides, Laval et Montérégie.

Ce n'est pas un hasard si ces quatre régions ont les taux de migration les plus élevés de la province, alors que Montréal a le plus faible.

Montréal n'a reçu qu'un peu plus de 40 000 nouveaux arrivants des autres régions. C'est la cinquième année de suite que la métropole perd un total net de plus de 20 000 habitants au jeu des migrations interrégionales.

Heureusement, l'immigration internationale vient compenser ces pertes, indique Jean-François Lachance, démographe à l'ISQ. En 2006-2007, Montréal a reçu 32 000 nouveaux arrivants de pays étrangers.

«Le visage de la population montréalaise change», résume M. Lachance.

Ce sont surtout les jeunes familles de la métropole qui, préférant la banlieue, affectent le bilan migratoire.

À tout le moins, Montréal réussit à attirer beaucoup de 15-24 ans des régions avoisinantes. C'est la seule catégorie d'âge où Montréal a un taux de migration positif.

Le bilan de l'ISQ montre encore un déficit migratoire dans les régions éloignées comme la Côte-Nord, le Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, le Nord-du-Québec et l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue.

Mais leur situation s'améliore graduellement. Année après année, le déficit se résorbe. «Dans ces régions, le nombre d'entrées est stable, explique Jean-François Lachance. C'est le nombre de sorties qui a diminué.»

Le démographe tente une explication: «Ces régions sont très touchées par les fluctuations économiques, mais le taux d'emploi a augmenté au cours des cinq dernières années. Les gens ont donc moins d'incitations pour quitter la région.»

Taux nets de migration interne au Québec

- Lanaudière: 1,62%

- Laurentides: 1,21%

- Laval: 0,55%

- Montérégie: 0,47%

- Capitale-Nationale: 0,31%

- Mauricie: 0,30%

- Centre-du-Québec: 0,16%

- Outaouais: 0,15%

- Chaudière-Appalaches: 0,14%

- Estrie: 0,08%

- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: -0,11%

- Bas-Saint-Laurent: -0,17%

- Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine: -0,21%

- Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean: -0,35%

- Nord-du-Québec: -0,65%

- Côte-Nord: -0,72%

- Montréal: -1,29%

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080123/CPACTUALITES/801230819/1019/CPACTUALITES

ON peut voir que les 4 régions qui encerclent L'île de Montréal, ont reçu toutes les personnes qui ont quitté l'île. Montréal a eu un solde migratoire négatif de 23,000 personnes, et les 4 régions qui encerclent l'île, ont reçu 24,000 personnes. Ils vont tous en banlieu!