D’importants travaux seront effectués

pour permettre d’aménager

espaces qui pourront être loués.

• Quant à la publicité, sa présence

augmentée de façon judicieuse,

n’est pas question de tapisser

réseaux de panneaux réclames

http://www.stm.info/info/infostm/2010/101020.pdf

Précisons que 63 nouveaux wagons serviront aussi aux futurs prolongements du métro, à commencer par celui de la ligne bleue, vers l’est.

C'est exactement ce que je me disais. Si la STm peut doubler ses revenus publicitaire, ce serait une bonne chose!

I'm strongly in favour of this. This is an excellent way to get more revenue without raising taxes or raising fares. As a matter of fact, I prepared a speech about this very topic (except that it was about advertising inside universities) to one of my business classes last year. (A handful of people objected to the points I made in my speech during question period afterward - but then again, what are they doing in a business school??)

I want to see ads everywhere. All over the interiors of the Metro stations, the hallways, on the floor, on the stairs, on the ceiling, on the inside of the trains and buses (including the floors and ceilings). I would also like to see advertisements in the tunnels between stations that can be seen through the windows. The only place I would be against putting ads would be on the exterior of the trains themselves. The Metro trains themselves are known for having a certain look.

I'm also in favour of putting carefully chosen ads on the walls of hospitals, universities, etc. For instance, Concordia is selling some of its wall space (mostly in washrooms) to an advertising consortium (what else are you going to read when you're taking a leak or a dump?), in exchange for free ads promoting Concordia (you might have seen a lot of Concordia ads recently - that's why.) Win Win. (Oh, and I am also in favour of the Canadian Forces recruiting inside high schools. It's a perfectly valid career choice. Canadian soldiers aren't cannon fodder as some leftists would have you believe!)

Modifié par MTLskyline

Nobody, and I mean nobody, needs more ads and should therefore not want more ads.

What is needed is better, focused, subtle, and more personalised advertising.

Why go thermonuclear when a single sniper bullet provides the same outcome?

I'm strongly in favour of this. This is an excellent way to get more revenue without raising taxes or raising fares. As a matter of fact, I prepared a speech about this very topic (except that it was about advertising inside universities) to one of my business classes last year. (A handful of people objected to the points I made in my speech during question period afterward - but then again, what are they doing in a business school??)

I want to see ads everywhere. All over the interiors of the Metro stations, the hallways, on the floor, on the stairs, on the ceiling, on the inside of the trains and buses (including the floors and ceilings). I would also like to see advertisements in the tunnels between stations that can be seen through the windows. The only place I would be against putting ads would be on the exterior of the trains themselves. The Metro trains themselves are known for having a certain look.

I'm also in favour of putting carefully chosen ads on the walls of hospitals, universities, etc. For instance, Concordia is selling some of its wall space (mostly in washrooms) to an advertising consortium (what else are you going to read when you're taking a leak or a dump?), in exchange for free ads promoting Concordia (you might have seen a lot of Concordia ads recently - that's why.) Win Win. (Oh, and I am also in favour of the Canadian Forces recruiting inside high schools. It's a perfectly valid career choice. Canadian soldiers aren't cannon fodder as some leftists would have you believe!)

Too many adds might drown the fish. We need more adds, but going from an extreme to the other is not a good idea. With too many adds, each add will lose value.