Aller au contenu
publicité

Place de la Cité Internationale, phase 2 (2007)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

je sais pas si ça augure bien:

Rio Tinto Alcan veut vendre 13 de ses usines dans le monde

Publié le 16 octobre 2011 à 18h50

Invoquant le «climat économique», Rio Tinto Alcan entreprend une rationalisation de ses activités dans le secteur de l'aluminium. La multinationale a annoncé aujourd'hui vouloir vendre treize de ses usines les moins performantes, soit le cinquième de ses installations.

http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse.ca/economie/energie-et-ressources/201110/16/01-4457794-rio-tinto-alcan-veut-vendre-13-de-ses-usines-dans-le-monde.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B4_manchettes_231_accueil_POS3

Their not selling any of their Canadian assets though. It is interesting they would sell some of their UK and Australian assets, seeing it is a British-Australian company. Plus Australia so close to China.

Modifié par jesseps

publicité

Par contre, moins de mines à gérer, moins de gestionnaires? Moins de monde au siège social? Tour plus petite? Non, svp, ne repartons pas le débat sur le nombre d'étages! Mais quand même, pour le principe, la question se pose........

J'imagine que la décision de vendre des usines ne date pas d'hier, la direction devait être parfaitement au courant de ces ventes durant les discussions avec un promoteur pour la nouvelle tour et l'espace requis dont nous avons eu connaissance.

No - these are all installations that were managed by Alcan. You realise that bauxite is used to make aluminium.

These are almost all installations that belonged to RioTinto before its aquisition of Alcan. With the production expansion that is taking place in Canada, these "added" facilities are no longer needed.

It is too bad there isn't another Montreal player that could pickup these assets - like a transfer to Alouette, but they are way to small.

Modifié par GDS

• 1 mois plus tard...

Good morning,

Here's the scoop on Rio Tinto and Westcliff. Just spoke to a friend of mine about a half hour ago, who is, let's say very well connected to the players.Apparently Rio Tinto is making Westcliff jump thru the hoops on this project. Rio wants a "Taj Mahal" impact with this building. 14 foot ceilings because they want their services under the floor!! The project was 31 stories but now has been readjusted to 27 stories (approx 350,000 sqaure feet). It will be entirely taken up by Rio Tinto because the cost will be way over the standard $/sq ft. We're looking about $62/sq ft. with this apparently awe inspiring building. Westcliff has already poured about $300k into the planning and studies. Rio has also outsourced the architect. My friend did not have the firm's name , but it's an Italian name out of NYC.

They have already presented the plans to the city and someone at the city commented they had never seen such an ugly building!!(not very encouraging)

I guess beauty will be in the eye of the beholder.

So my friends we're close to an announcement but it may be weeks or a few months. I am really anxious to see some renderings.I just hope it does not all fall apart.

:stirthepot::stirthepot::begging::begging:

Modifié par MARTY

I'm no expert on this stuff.. does 14 foot ceilings mean the 'livable' area or the entire floor height between plates (I think that's what you call it)? Meaning 14 feet can be adjusted up slightly... because 14 feet is 4.26 metres, at 27 floors is 115 metres for the building... that's shorter than Altitude :(

Oops, Cataclaw responded before I did haha Thanks! That answers it!