IMG_3103.jpg

-depuis Milton/Parc

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

- la base, au bout de la ruelle

IMG_3110.jpg

- les 21 étages de la semaine dernière

IMG_3111.jpg

Au prochain update, le 400 aura 22 étages.

publicité

Say what you will about this project (400 Sherbrooke) but I think it looks great! It is in fact, just the right quality for that part of town. It is essentially part of the hotel row adjacent to the Quartier des Spectacles. The height alone will transcend the quality; as I always say, it is a certain height that adds grandeur to the streetscape. Just look at the development at the south-east corner of Bleury and Sherbrooke - 3 storeys? Can you get anything more provincial looking?? The cheap materials make it even worse.

As for the comment about parking lots... we fared pretty well though much of the Victorian city was destroyed in the 1970's mostly. As more and more get developed, I am hoping some of the atrocities from the 1970's (Union and deMaisonneuve / President Kennedy area) get re-developed. That area is too prime and the street names far too prestigious to have those awful suburban-style office buildings on them.

95781308.jpg

C'est beau cette perspective de la rue Sherbrooke, plusieurs petits projets de condos ont été construits ces dernières années en plus de l'UQAM. Le 400 cache aussi le côté le l'affreux hôtel en béton voisin.