Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Ça va leur faire plus de monde, les gens pourront pu débarquer à Beaugrand pour prendre le métro et vider le REM. Et si tu veux prendre le métro, tu débarques à Labelle/Berri-Uqam. Sont wise.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Ça va leur faire plus de monde, les gens pourront pu débarquer à Beaugrand pour prendre le métro. Et si tu veux prendre le métro, tu débarques a Labelle/Berri-Uqam. Sont wise.

Ou Viauville et tu change de branche vers Assomption. Ou sinon, le SRB Pie-IX. Bref, faut faire un ou deux transferts. C'est laid.

À moins de prolonger la ligne verte (bonne chance) on vient de perdre un lien intermodale clé. C'est bon pour les profits de la CDPQ mais les citoyens perdent. Bravo les NIMBYs. Bravo. Épais.

• Like 2

This might be controversial, but I feel having it elevated in downtown would mean it would be easier to expand west to fulfill what was proposed somewhat with the pink line. If it goes underground, it would end at the tracks from Gare Centrale preventing future expansion, unless they went under it which would be more expensive. I do hope if it is elevated downtown it should be more attractive.

• Like 1

C'est clair que les liens intermodaux sont le dernier des soucis de la Caisse. Ils veulent juste faire le plein de monde qui allaient à Beaugrand avant et qui vont se rabattre sur le REM pour aller en ville. Ça va vider un peu la ligne verte finalement. Et Assomption va par le fait même devenir le méga-hub de l'Est, parfait pour le développement futur du secteur qui débute. Sont wise.

Just now, mashdash said:

This might be controversial, but I feel having it elevated in downtown would mean it would be easier to expand west to fulfill what was proposed somewhat with the pink line. If it goes underground, it would end at the tracks from Gare Centrale preventing future expansion, unless they went under it which would be more expensive. I do hope if it is elevated downtown it should be more attractive.

NIMBYs in this city need to visit NYC and Vancouver and see for themselves that the SkyTrain and elevated subway are awesome. They add so much charm and value to the street, they don't hinder movements at ground level at all, and you forget that the structures are even there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mashdash said:

Building an elevated guideway above the Central Station trench would require extremely complex reengineering of the entire RL viaduct over the tracks.

1 minute ago, mashdash said:

This has also been discussed. Beyond the technical problems that would pose in front of Gare Centrale, there's absolutely no way that anybody would tolerate an elevated structure in front of the St-Mary Cathedral. There's also the fact that the only way to exit the René-Lévesque alignment while elevated is through the Ernest Cormier Esplanade. Talk about getting the Nimby riled up! A tunnel is truly the only viable option if we want to continue further west.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1