Aller au contenu

Station YUL-Aéroport-Montréal-Trudeau - Discussion

Messages recommendés

1 minute ago, Chris1989 said:

Depends how quickly passenger numbers return, they had originally said by the 2030s. This part will be built first. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Which is the part that is slightly delayed at this point. Luckily, asbestos mitigation (removal) in the Aéroquai and tunnels was done in 2004-2005 when the International jetty was being built (and the Aéroquai reduced in size), so its demolition should be very straightforward. I expect the passenger tunnel will be extended to the new jetty at 10-28 until the rest of the terminal project is built.

3 minutes ago, Frontenac said:

5 426 862 passagers, contre 20 305 106 en 2019.  Une baisse de 73%.

Je viens de voir ça. Et sur ces 5,4 millions, 3 millions sont en janvier et février. Le reste de mars à décembre....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Which is the part that is slightly delayed at this point. Luckily, asbestos mitigation (removal) in the Aéroquai and tunnels was done in 2004-2005 when the International jetty was being built (and the Aéroquai reduced in size), so its demolition should be very straightforward. I expect the passenger tunnel will be extended to the new jetty at 10-28 until the rest of the terminal project is built.

I had heard the tunnel will be demolished and more transport vehicles will be bought to ferry people back to the main terminal. Who knows anymore, everything is up in the air after 2020.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JB667 said:

I didn’t even know YUL had tunnels .

There used to be several, one of them a couple of km long, from the Air Canada commissary near Cardinal/Stuart-Graham all the way to the base at the end of Côte-Vertu. For passengers, there were two tunnels from the main terminal to and from the satellite (Aéroquai), one on the domestic end which still exists, and one at the international end. The latter was removed when the Aéroquai was shortened in the early 2000s.

• Like 2