Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Vu comme ça. le projet est vraiment énorme. Je comprends mieux maintenant pourquoi certains groupes trouvent les tours trop imposantes par rapport à la gare. Cela dit, je ne suis pas d'accord avec ce point de vue. Si l'architecture des nouveaux immeubles est de grande qualité, pas de problème.

C'est vrai, je n'imaginais pas ça aussi massif. Sur la maquette, les tours ont des airs du Concordia Science & engeneering building. Si elles sont construites avec la même qualité architecturale que ce dernier, je supporte complétement le projet.

I think there is sufficient space between the old building and the new ones such that the former will not be suffocated by the latter. This project along with the other one shown in the model (I can't remember the name) will add a good chunk of citizens in the area. I like it a lot!

• 3 semaines plus tard...
  • 3 semaines plus tard...

The big problem and reason that ROC real estate groups don't invest in Montreal these days is two-fold if not more. One: the government of Quebec skews the market by getting involved real-estate projects like CCE. By offering tax breaks in particular, for companies to move their offices into them so that they seem "successful" is the biggest issue; this is an uneven playing field and should simply no be done. Why would Brookfield want to go head-to-head with the government?? (This is especially the case in terms of the commercial market).

As for a comment regarding Montrealers liking the status quo, this is so true. (I have read many blogs and seems that people actually like surface parking lots instead of new buildings). Let me build on that point: It seems also that Montreal based developers are stuck in this mode of mediocrity whether it is size or quality of design. Moreover, what surprises me as well is that no one ever challenges zoning. The master plan is so limited in terms of height. In fact, most lots where you can build 120+m have already been built on with on average 80 storey buildings. That is not to say that unused air rights can be transfered to neighboring blocks, but I have yet to see that happen in Montreal. It would kill me to see 1300 RL get a crummy 28 floors of uninspiring architecture. it is a fact that from a pedestrian perspective, there is no difference between 6 floors and 60 floors.

Finally, community groups / nimbys have far too much power in killing building projects. This always amazes me. The city should not bow to these pressures all the time. Yet the city must do a better job at ensuring that quality gets built, especially when demolition is involved. For example, Overland is an unecessary scar downtown and exhibits the irresponsibility of city government.

the CCE was a good example on how the private promoters managed to get the govt to back up in two ways

First: the CCE original project was way bigger than the 2 towers we have now, it was the whole block, private promoters managed to get their point to the govt that it would kill all construction in montreal for the next many years if they were to build the whole thing

and second, they managed to get the subsidies to go to companies in a much larger radius basically covering the whole downtown.

The Subsidies for CCE are alomst over. The last new Tenants who were eligible for the subsidies, moved in the CCE in 2004, so their subsidies will run out in 2014(on average). Some will end in 2013.

The PQ government almost killed the Real estate market in this city. Thankfully, like West mentionned, the promotors were able to convince the PQ gov't to scale down their project. Had the PQ not started this CCE project, other PRIVATE projects would have already been built (PdlCI, Hines).

Hopefully the gov't has learned its lesson and will not interfere in the commercial R.E. market ever again.

Here is some info I found about the E-Commerce Centre.

Le 28 mai 2001, le Mouvement des caisses Desjardins a annoncé le début des travaux de construction de la Cité du commerce électronique. Stratégie 30-5-2001 Source À la fin octobre 2001, le seul locataire étant CGI, le projet a été réduit de moitié et le taux du crédit d'impôt augmente de 40% en passant de 25% à 35% alors que le crédit d'impôt maximal passe de 10 000$ à 12 500$ fixant le salaire admissible maximal annuel d'un employé à 35 714.29$. La période d'admissibilité au crédit d'impôt est portée de 2010 à 2013.

Historique

En mai 2000, le gouvernement du Québec lancait la Cité du commerce électronique. Comme pour la Cité du Multimédia, le gouvernement paie 40% des salaires pour les emplois créés jusqu'à un maximum de 10 000$ (15 000$ à la Cité du Multimédia) et une exemption de taxes municipales pendant cinq ans. D'ici 2002, on y constuira 9 édifices offrant 3,1 millions de pieds carrés au coût de 700 M$. Situé à Montréal au Nord du Centre Molson, on prévoit y créer 20 000 emplois directs et 60 000 indirects.

Une chance qu'ils n'ont pas construit les 7 autres édifices!