Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

In fact, most lots where you can build 120+m have already been built on with on average 80 storey buildings.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to say here?

That is not to say that unused air rights can be transfered to neighboring blocks, but I have yet to see that happen in Montreal.

I completely agree. You never see promotors ask to have the height limit increased in return for money to be spent on creating some green space or parks. Hopefully this will change in the future!

It would kill me to see 1300 RL get a crummy 28 floors of uninspiring architecture

AMEN, Brother!

I think it would kill many of us here on mtlurb.com if they were to build anything below 40 stories on that site!

Try telling that to Dinu Bumbaru and the other people over at Heritage Montréal or Les Amis de la Montange. If anything over 2 floors is proposed, they start to circle the wagons and complain that it'll block the sun, will create more shade, will be taller than the surrounding buildings etc.etc.etc.(whiny little bitches they are! I hate them! :mad::banghead: )

Finally, community groups / nimbys have far too much power in killing building projects. This always amazes me. The city should not bow to these pressures all the time.

Welcome to Montreal!:rolleyes::sarcastic:

Habsfan - All the lots zoned for 120+m have almost all been used up; buildings around 80 have been built there such as 1100 RL, Le Crystal de la Montagne, CCE.

OK, now I understand. True that many of the lots that were zoned for 120M+ were not developped to their full otential, but I'm hoping that with the fewer number of lots available where a promoter could build beyond 120 meters, that it will encourage them to build higher!

I am a huge advocate of preserving and re-using beautiful old buildings but he should not be influencing construction projects proposed on empty parking lots!

SO do I, but Bumbaru is an extremist!

• 1 mois plus tard...

Montréal

Logements sociaux inclus?

André Beauvais

Le Journal de Montréal

13/02/2008 06h09

http://www.canoe.com/infos/quebeccanada/archives/2008/02/20080213-060908.html

L'Office de consultation publique de Montréal (OCPM) recommande à la Ville de s'impliquer dans le projet de la gare-hôtel Viger pour y inclure des logements sociaux et abordables, a appris Le Journal de Montréal en mettant la main sur un exemplaire du rapport final.

L'OCPM recommande en outre de limiter le nombre de places de stationnement à environ 1000 alors que le promoteur, la société Viger DMC International, souhaite en créer au moins 1600 sur trois étages souterrains.

La Ville a vendu en 2006 pour 9 M$ le vieil hôtel de la rue Notre-Dame, près de Berri, parce que le bâtiment historique où elle logeait plusieurs services municipaux nécessitait des travaux de restauration d'une vingtaine de millions de dollars.

Dans un rapport remis à l'administration et que le maire Gérald Tremblay doit rendre public bientôt, la présidente de l'OCPM, Louise Roy, se dit généralement d'accord avec l'ensemble du projet mais elle le voit «comme une première ébauche». Mme Roy considère que «plusieurs volets doivent être validés, précisés et mieux articulés».

300 M$

Les principales phases de ce projet de 400 millions sont la construction d'un hôtel luxueux de 227 chambres, de 289 unités de logement et d'un centre commercial.

L'attention de l'Office a notamment été retenue par l'absence de toute intention de construire des logements sociaux et abordables, comme si elle voulait rappeler à la Ville de Montréal sa politique d'inclusion (15 %) de logements sociaux dans tout projet immobilier, et même 30% en comptant les logements à prix abordable.

La commission «déplore» non seulement l'absence de logements abordables mais aussi le manque d'équipement collectif municipal dans le secteur «pour répondre aux besoins des populations locales».

Entente

L'OCPM recommande fortement à la Ville «de conclure une entente avec le promoteur pour inclure des logements abordables».

Le rapport ne critique pas les «surhauteurs» de certains édifices et les effets sur les maisons voisines mais il demande d'en démontrer la pertinence.

• Administrateur

ayoye man, la pertinence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooooooof c'est quoi la pertinence de construire un hôtel? et des commerces?

tout le monde, restons chez nous.

p.s. encore la folie de limiter les espaces de stationnements, c'est quoi le maudit problème, ça risque d'affecter la rentabilité du projet... un des facteurs qui a fait sauter l'îlot voyageur.

L'OCPM recommande en outre de limiter le nombre de places de stationnement à environ 1000 alors que le promoteur, la société Viger DMC International, souhaite en créer au moins 1600 sur trois étages souterrains.

Bon, ça c'est une autre affaire !! Qu'est-ce que ça peut bien leur faire aux fonctionnaires de l'OCPM qu'on aménage 1000 ou 1600 places de stationnements ? En plus ça va être en souterrain, conséquemment il n'y aura pa d'impact au niveau de la rue. Au contraire, plus on augmente l'offre en sous-sol, moins il y aura de voitures stationnées en surface !!

Le rapport ne critique pas les «surhauteurs» de certains édifices et les effets sur les maisons voisines mais il demande d'en démontrer la pertinence.

La pertinence ? Attendez donc qu'on réfléchisse un peu.... C'est dur cette question-là... Ah !! Ça y est !! j'ai trouvé !! Plus de densité, plus d'occupation au sol, plus d'habitants, plus de taxes foncières ; réduction de l'effet "trou de beigne" dont souffre Montréal. J'ai-tu bien répondu ? J'ai-tu gagné un point ?

Ne pas écouter l'OCPM tout le temps ? Réduire l'effet "trou du c*l" !!

Heille l'OCPM ?? J'ai un tilleul devant chez moi qui me fait de l'ombre toute l'h*st** d'été !! Pouvez-vous m'aider à le faire couper ? :banghead:

Public consultation office wants city development plan

Alan Hustak, The Gazette

Published: 2 hours ago

Montreal's Office of Public Consulation says that while a proposed $400-million redevelopment of the old Viger Hotel is a worthwhile project that would significantly rejuvenate the Ville Marie Borough's east end, it would, as planned, upset the equilibrium of the immediate neighbourhood.

Pointing out that the Viger project is one of several grandiose schemes in the works for the borough, it recommends the city come up with an overall plan to harmonize the various developments plans before they are allowed to get off the ground.

It was exactly one year ago that Viger DMC international announced its plan to convert the former railway hotel and station in Faubourg Québec into a 250 room hotel and shopping centre and build two 18 to 20 storey additions behind the historic station.

When it was announced, Ville Marie Mayor Benoit Labonté hailed it as the city's biggest private real-estate development since Place Ville Marie was built in the early 1960s.

From the outset, residents in the neighbourhood were concerned about the scale of the project. Heritage activists applauded the Office of Public Consultation's recommendations.

"It's a useful thing. The city has had a hard time figuring things out since it no longer has a planning department and has become a brokerage house for projects," said Heritage Montreal's Dinu Bumbaru. "The recommendations are useful both to the city and to the developer, who has said openly, publicly and repeatedly, that his is sensitive to neighbourhood concerns."

Cameron Charlebois, the Viger project's general manager, wouldn't comment on the report until he has had time to study its recommendations.

© The Gazette 2008

I find this to be more than a little silly. The other grandiose schemes in the borough that he's talking about must be the CHUM. Maybe I don't see how the current "equilibrium" of the neighbourhood, which is a basically abandonned and unaccessible heritage building (the Viger hotel), an open expressway, a bunch of parking lots and a crummy park would be made worse by what's planned. A possibly world-class teaching hospital covering up the expressway, a nice project to restore an old hotel with some condo towers that will have great views, and some stores to serve them. Yeah that sounds pretty terrible to me.

• Administrateur
I find this to be more than a little silly. The other grandiose schemes in the borough that he's talking about must be the CHUM. Maybe I don't see how the current "equilibrium" of the neighbourhood, which is a basically abandonned and unaccessible heritage building (the Viger hotel), an open expressway, a bunch of parking lots and a crummy park would be made worse by what's planned. A possibly world-class teaching hospital covering up the expressway, a nice project to restore an old hotel with some condo towers that will have great views, and some stores to serve them. Yeah that sounds pretty terrible to me.

These people are paid to bitch... where can I apply?