Aller au contenu

Station Griffintown – Bernard-Landry - Discussion

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 22 minutes, jesseps a dit :

I have been asking myself that same question, since I saw the article this morning.

Why not rename Lionel Groulx metro to Bernard Landry metro? I think it be better to remember a separatist over an anti semitic priest. 

Then, Lionel-Groulx street would need to change its name also.

Il y a 4 heures, jesseps a dit :

I have been asking myself that same question, since I saw the article this morning.

Why not rename Lionel Groulx metro to Bernard Landry metro? I think it be better to remember a separatist over an anti semitic priest. 

Je verrai bien renommer la station lionel-groulx pour bernard landry. Je ne suis pas de la meme mouvance politique mais il a fait de bonne chose pour Montreal.  Sinon je verrai bien la station griffintown renommer Bernard-Landry . Mais seulement la nommer Bernard Landry.  

Le pire serai de voir renommer des stations avec des commanditaires. Comme par exemple la station Sol-Vodafone a Madrid. 

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, jesseps a dit :

Bernard Landry est l'instigateur de la cité du multimédia, qui borde la future station. Ça a été le point de départ de la renaissance du secteur.

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, felixinx a dit :

Pourquoi pas choisir un nom de station simple puis ajouter aux annonces des points d'intérêts? Exemple : « Prochaine station, Édouard-Montpetit. Cette station dessert l'Université de Montréal »

Le bus d'une annonce de station c'est d'être concis et précis. Plus tu en ajoute, moins les gens vont suivre. Il suffit de prendre les annonces dans le métro. Le plus court et précis le meilleur c'est pour la compréhension

Il y a 17 heures, jesseps a dit :

Yup, change it to Pierre-de-Coubertin Street, since there is Pierre-de-Coubterine Ave

I saw somewhere that they were thinking of renaming PIE-IX to Pierre deCoubertin as there will be a new PIE-IX station on the blue line extension.

16 hours ago, felixinx said:

Pourquoi pas choisir un nom de station simple puis ajouter aux annonces des points d'intérêts? Exemple : « Prochaine station, Édouard-Montpetit. Cette station dessert l'Université de Montréal »

Certaines stations, telle Place-des-arts, ont trop de points d'intérêts et il prendrait trop de temps pour tous les énumérer. Si on s'en tient au point d'intérêt principal, on est aussi bien de s'en tenir à la formule qu'on a déjà. Pour l'instant, ils sont annoncés dans la signalisation des stations et sur les cartes de proximité en mezzanine et aux sorties.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/plante-wants-griffintown-rem-station-named-after-landry-1.5351206

Irish group says Plante's name suggestion for Griffintown REM station ignores area's heritage

June 2018 petition had called for the station to be named 'Station des Irlandais'

CBC News · Posted: Nov 07, 2019 10:52 AM ET | Last Updated: 2 minutes ago

black-rock-circa-1898.jpg
Irish labourers helped build the Lachine Canal and the Victoria Bridge. Black Rock, a monument at the foot of the bridge, was erected by Irish workers in 1859 to honour the 6,000 Irish famine refugees. (McCord Museum)

Montreal's Irish community is objecting to Mayor Valérie Plante's suggestion to name the REM station being built in Griffintown be named after former Quebec premier Bernard Landry. 

Plante tweeted Wednesday, the anniversary of Landry's death, that she had shared her wish to name the station after Landry with the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, which is financing the light-rail project.

"Griffintown—Bernard-Landry Station would highlight Mr. Landry's important contribution to the development of our city," Plante wrote. 

Last year, Fergus Keyes, the director of the Montreal Irish Monument Park Foundation, helped launch a petition to name the stop Station des Irlandais, or Irish Station, to commemorate the area's Irish community. 

He said met with REM planners afterward, and they were open to the idea.

Keyes says he felt blindsided by Plante's public declaration. 

"It was just shocking. It came out of nowhere," he said.

While Landry was finance minister in the late 1980s, he helped create the Cité du Multimédia, a sector in Griffintown meant to attract companies innovating in technology. 

Plante said the Caisse de dépôt and a group representing friends of Landry were both in favour of the name.