Aller au contenu

Tours à bureaux au dessus de la Gare Centrale - 25, 25 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

That said, Montreal's stock of Class A towers (PVM, CIBC, CIL House (Telus) and Place Victoria ) are all nearing almost 50 years old.

What about 1000 De La Gauchetière, IBM-Marathon, Cité du Commerce Électronique?? They are all huge Class A buildings built more or less recently.

On another note, I am always surprised that developers don't understand that when you build a landmark (size, design, architecture) it is a HUGE marketing strategy.

Do you think developers are THAT dumb not to understand this principle? Come on. Major developers would kill to build a landmark, they just need the financing beleive it or not. And this part is more complex than you can imagine. Money is not growing in the trees.

• Réponses 114
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

montreal is just not the kind of city where you can build a pure landmark tower simply on speculation, unless you have 500 millions to spend out of your pocket, otherwise, forget financing without 40-50% of the tower already rented,

Recevoir du financement pour lancer un projet spéculatif est proche de l'impossible. Les seuls qui le font sont Dubai, et ils financent les projets eux-mêmes avec l'argent du pétrole. Sinon, aucune banque n'accepterait de financer le Burj Dubai.

Pour lancer un projet en le finançant d'une banque, il faut avoir des études de marché indépendantes et béton, des projections financières revues par la banque, etc.

De plus, les banques sont très frileuses ces temps-ci vu tout ce qu'elles ont accepté de mauvais aux USA.

L'autre possibilité est d'être milliardaire ou de connaître des milliardaires qui ont de l'argent a donner. Malheureusement, cela est encore plus difficile que de convaincre une banque!

What about 1000 De La Gauchetière, IBM-Marathon, Cité du Commerce Électronique?? They are all huge Class A buildings built more or less recently.

Yes, I know... but the vast majority of our class A space is approaching 50 years old. Noting that the newest buildings (IBM, 1000) get the highest rents.

Do you think developers are THAT dumb not to understand this principle? Come on. Major developers would kill to build a landmark, they just need the financing beleive it or not. And this part is more complex than you can imagine. Money is not growing in the trees.

Really?? Seems like all we get in Montreal are mediocre buildings at best and that is what we have gotten for quite some time with the exception of IBM-Marathon. Nothing that really can be considered a landmark of architectural merit.

Really?? Seems like all we get in Montreal are mediocre buildings at best and that is what we have gotten for quite some time with the exception of IBM-Marathon. Nothing that really can be considered a landmark of architectural merit.

I've to disagree with that. Maybe it doesn't suit your taste but I do believe our landmark buildings are of high quality. The 1000 de la Gauchetière is an internationally revered example of post-modernist architecture and the Montreal trust and 1501 McGill buildings are both just simply outstanding.

Just also think about the modernist masterpieces that are the Tour de la Bourse, Westmount Square and PVM, all designed by the most influent starchitects of their time.

I don't know what you consider not to be mediocre but if you're talking about what is currently being build in the emirates and in most of Asia (e.g. Taipei 101), I say no thanks!

I've to disagree with that. Maybe it doesn't suit your taste but I do believe our landmark buildings are of high quality. The 1000 de la Gauchetière is an internationally revered example of post-modernist architecture and the Montreal trust and 1501 McGill buildings are both just simply outstanding.

Just also think about the modernist masterpieces that are the Tour de la Bourse, Westmount Square and PVM, all designed by the most influent starchitects of their time.

I don't know what you consider not to be mediocre but if you're talking about what is currently being build in the emirates and in most of Asia (e.g. Taipei 101), I say no thanks!

I'm guessing he meant that nothing architecturally noteworthy has been built here since 1992.

If you hired a Frank Gehry or Rem Koolhaus or Jean Nouvel to design a 45 storey buildings that was so innovative and interesting that it got headlines around the world, you would get a company or 2 to move into it.

I understand what you're saying, unfortunately, for a promotor to hire a "starchitect", you need money, and banks won't lend money to promotors unless 40 to 50% of the building is pre-leased.

Like I mentionned in my previous post, true that the market in Montreal is tightening, however we still have to be patient. there are still some interesting blocks of space available and until those blocks are leased nothing will happen. We have to wait until the rates in Class "A" buildings rises some more before we'll see any significant construction in Montreal.

Right now, promotors have some possibilities on the drawing board, but nothing has been announced just yet!