Aller au contenu

Spirit Airlines to launch Plattsburgh flights to Fort Lauderdale and Myrtle Beach

chris

Messages recommendés

It is really impressive how far they have come with Plattsburgh Airport. There used to be a military base there, and when it closed down, it really hurt the economy of the city and Clinton county, coupled with the collapse in the Canadian dollar they were under really hard times... the Miramar shopping centre in Champlain at US-11 and I-87 was particularly noticeable, that and the short-lived Petro-Canada gas station across the street (LOL). Even today the county areas, Champlain, Mooers, etc are still pretty depressing but Plattsburgh is not that bad. And the airport has been very successful.

I think I should start a kind of shuttle service, park at my cottage and get a ride to airport :D

Hell the airport is directly connected by rail to Central Station in Montreal, and directly connected to Montreal by a direct freeway route... if it wasn't for the damned border it would be Mirabel done right :rotfl:

Modifié par Cyrus

Prices out of Plattsburgh and Burlington are so cheap compared to Montreal-Trudeau, it's no wonder these 'US Montreal Airports' are doing so well. Another attractive aspect of flying out of Plattsburgh or Burlington is the fact that these are relatively small airports with absolutely no delays or wait times due to security checks, customs, etc. Plattsburgh International Airport is only one hour from downtown Montreal (not taking into account the wait at the border). If marketed properly, Montrealers are going to flock to Plattsburgh to catch their flights to Florida or wherever.

For those of us on the south shore, it is actually less time consuming to drive to Plattsburgh (including going through customs at the border), and fly out of Plattsburgh than it is to drive to Dorval, wait in all sorts of traffic, and go through the much longer customs screening at the airport. The border waits aren't usually that bad, bridge traffic is worse (plus traffic on the turcot, and then traffic leading up to the airport).

L'avantage de Montréal demeure tout de même d'avoir plus de vols directs, à Plattsburg il y a souvent des transferts. Pour les vols vers la Floride ça me semble bien, mais je regardais des vols vers Phoenix et c'est pas moins cher et il y a des transferts.

Oui c'est sur, mais il faut donner la chance au coureur... ils sont là que depuis 1-2 ans, on parle de Plattsburgh, parti de rien.

J'ai regardé pour des vols pour fort lauterdale direct, 200$ pour 2 personnes en tout aller-retour!!!!!!! (janvier) Franchement, difficile de battre ça.

• 4 semaines plus tard...