Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

CIBC on St Jacques moved into Quebecor-Videotron and now RBC on St Jacques is planning on moving into the "Stock Exchange Tower" near Square Victoria in 2012.

I am quite surprised to get a letter from RBC this morning saying they were moving. It was such a wonderful location. I guess the rent was getting to high for them. Seeing in the letter, they were only occupying about 20% of the building now.

Interesting thing is about the RBC building, its owned and managed by a company that operates out of Halifax, but the head guy runs a business in New York called "Time Equities Inc". The company in Halifax is called "360 St Jacques Nova Scotia Inc" or something like that. Whats more interesting is, the head office is in a building called "Bank of Montreal Tower". One of the owners/members/chairs part of "360 St Jacques Nova Scotia" is Montreal's own George Coulombe that over sees 360 St Jacques (RBC building) here in Montreal.

One thing that was interesting in the letter was that RBC actually sold the building back in the 60s.

Anyways I just wonder who will take up the space at CIBC and RBC now.

Modifié par jesseps

I would love to see Tour de la Bourse with a great big corporate logo on it. Otherwise, it's kind of sad to see RBC move out of their St. Jacques building. The interior is gorgeous. Anytime I'm around the old port, I always make a point of making a transaction there, just for fun.

Will they still be operating bank branches out of the RBC and CIBC buildings on St. Jacques street?

I love the interior of that particular Royal Bank. Very retro.

I don't like the idea of putting an RBC logo on the top of the Tour de la Bourse though. That tower needs to look Sleek, a Bank logo would just make it look kind of stumpy.

The RBC branch in the building is glorious. Isn't RBC the largest company in Canada by market cap? It should have the money to maintain the location, but I guess you don't become the largest cap company in a given country by playing to nostalgia.

It is perplexing to me why the interior, as I understand it, isn't protected by landmark status. Ruining that incredible hall would be sacrilege, like demolishing the old Penn Station.

One thing that was interesting in the letter was that RBC actually sold the building back in the 60s.

Did that follow the move up to PVM?

Cette banque fut un bel endroit pour des tournages de films. Je crois que Speilberg y est allé filmer "Catch me if you can", entre autres. Christopher Walken, le père, vient demander une avance qu'il se voit refuser.

Definitely a bit sad. Surprised to learn that RBC sold the building back in the 60's - especially considering how hesitant they were to move up the hill to PVM. Zeckendorf had to really work it to convince them to make the switch. Also, feels like a final chapter - albeit symbolic - in the Royal shedding its Montreal identity. ;( It's all Toronto now.

That said, this now becomes the premier venue for events (like Weddings) in Montreal. Beats the Windsor Ballrooms or any hotel. They would be smart to market it as a special event space. Much like Cipriani's in Lower Manhattan... same kinda space.

I sure hope that the Royal Bank branch on St. Jacques isn't turned into some tacky night club.....

Si la banque devient quelque chose comparable à Cipriani, comme internationalx a suggéré, ce sera un bon résultat selon moi.

http://www.cipriani.com/locations/new-york/events/cipriani-wall-street.php