Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Personnellement, je ne démonise pas l'anglais. En fait, ma copine est.... 100% anglophone et je travails en anglais à 80 % du temps, ai-je abandonné mes racines Québécoises et le fait francais pour autant, non au contraire.

J'ai posté les articles à titre informatif, et pour montrer la situation réelle des choses au Québec ,non pas pour protester contre ce phénomène.

Je m'excuse, ce n'était pas mon intention de t'accusez personellement. Je parle plus de la média qui trouve toujours quelque chose sur les anglais pour plaindre. (Ca arrive aussi dans le média anglo contre les francophones aussi). Je suis vraiment fatigué du débat c'est tout.

Si vous avez bien regarder mon message, je ne dit pas que je suis opprimé ou que je suis contre la langue anglaise. Je trouve simplement que ça fait colon quand deux francophones se parlent en anglais... C'est différent.

Ce que vous dites ici est vrai dans ce contexte. Mais par ce logique, c'est "colon" de moi de parler à un autre anglophone en français pour le pratiquer ou simplement si je ne connais pas qu'ils sont anglo.

Ce que vous dites ici est vrai dans ce contexte. Mais par ce logique, c'est "colon" de moi de parler à un autre anglophone en français pour le pratiquer ou simplement si je ne connais pas qu'ils sont anglo.

I don't agree Sky. There is a fundamental difference beetwen two anglos speaking to each other in french and two french speaking in english.

Unfortunately the french will always have to make an extra effort in order to preserve and promote even withing it's own rank. A large number of francos across Canada have been ''colinised'' and for them it is a pride to speak in english as they think they are intelligent or cool if they do so.

While i agree about the importance of english and the language being the lingua franca of the business in the world i will also say it is a mbe ust to very vigilant, in Quebec, to maintain the language as strong as possible.

It has nothing to do against english. No one in this article bashed english but they bashed the francos that speaks englisg even among themselves. The main reason they are doing it is simply to have a sense of superiority which turns out to be ''cololonisé'' . If you speak french with your english friend you won't be a ''colon'' but probably sound cool and open....that's a good thing for the anglos who don't have to constantly fight for their language while a francophone, if he makes a point of speaking in french, will risk being accused of ''closed minded'', ''pure laine'' and ''anti-anglos'' among other negative terms even if it is far from being the truth.

I don't know... but I just feel like as a society, we are so far removed from the Plains of Abraham... why are we still talking about colonization and feeling colonized? Is our present society not a product of our own making? Cities, in particular as diverse and dynamic as Montreal, are organic creatures. We don't resemble what we were over 300 years ago. So few Anglophones in Quebec even have British or Scottish roots today. English is a practical language for business. That's it. It has to be reconciled and embraced for what it is. That said, Montreal is so incredibly endowed because of the two languages. I wish we could just see ourselves in terms of all being Montrealers and Quebecers and less like Francophones and Anglophones and Allophones.

You are right, we are so far from all the battles of the past but at the same time it is our legacy and it will stick with us till something else happens. This somethine else cold be till Quebec becomes independant or till the french quebecois accepts the fact that they will slowly disapear or if the englos start working hand in hand with the francos in order to maintain the priority of french and stop bringing the goverment in court for few immigrants that prefers to send the children to french school per exemple.

It is a tiring battle and a constant struggle. I think it is the price to pay for being who we are and for accepting to live in Montreal. But on the other hand, there hasn't been much real tension in the past 10 years or so and despite all of that Montreal doesn't seem to be improving. Au contraire, it is ''frozen'' like it rarely was in the past.