Aller au contenu
publicité

Pont Samuel-De Champlain

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

My idea for the Champlain bridge accounts for the fact that only light (taxis and maybe buses) and very light (pedestrians, cyclists) would use it. I don't think you'd have to do a whole of lot of repairing if you're only going to use it for such light uses. Then again, i'm not an engineer.. the important thing is that a new bridge gets built ASAP. Everything else is secondary.

As for lanes, the problem is the A-15/20 north of the bridge is a measly 2-lanes in each direction. There is no point having many lanes on the bridge if it bottlenecks on the A-15/20.

Now, i'm not car-obsessed like you or Malek <3 ;) but even i have to admit that this is an absolutely ridiculous situation. There ought to be 3 lanes minimum and ideally 4 in each direction along that stretch of highway. You've got the busiest bridge in Canada and it leads to that?!

publicité
As for lanes, the problem is the A-15/20 north of the bridge is a measly 2-lanes in each direction. There is no point having many lanes on the bridge if it bottlenecks on the A-15/20.

I keep hearing about this issue, and maybe there's something I just don't understand. Yes, after the Bridge teh A15/20 only has two lanes for a stretch of about 1-2 KM's, but it's not like all the people coming from the bridge go that way. A good 20% (maybe even 25%) of them get off towards downtown.

My idea for the Champlain bridge accounts for the fact that only light (taxis and maybe buses) and very light (pedestrians, cyclists) would use it. I don't think you'd have to do a whole of lot of repairing if you're only going to use it for such light uses. Then again, i'm not an engineer.. the important thing is that a new bridge gets built ASAP. Everything else is secondary.

Now, i'm not car-obsessed like you or Malek <3 ;) but even i have to admit that this is an absolutely ridiculous situation. There ought to be 3 lanes minimum and ideally 4 in each direction along that stretch of highway. You've got the busiest bridge in Canada and it leads to that?!

That whole section of highway is either getting rebuilt with Turcot or needs to be replaced because it is garbage in every way anyway ;) I think "bottleneck" issues are not a big issue, since firstly Champlain IS the bottleneck, but also it is okay if we push the bottleneck to some other complex that needs to be fixed since we can just add more lanes there too! Yay!

Let us not forget the scary situation of Turcot, the mainline westbound ramp is now down to one lane, the southbound mainline ramp is down to one lane, they are scared shitless it will fall down, underneath all these guys in scissorlifts and the like trying to patch it patch it etc. I was just driving around on the Bonaventure up to the 20 -west this afternoon and man all these roads are in absolutely terrible condition.

Did I mention I had to change part of my car suspension over the weekend destroyed mostly by these ridiculous things, hell driving west through Turcot my car is yumping up and down between the expansion joints tires in the air :rotfl:

I mean hell in Texas they built a 4 level stack interchange, the best of the best, in '89 and tore it down because they were adding lanes to the highways and the interchange wasn't designed for it. God bless Texas!

I am engineer but not civil, that said the dead load on the bridge is a huge factor, the bridge doesn't just support the vehicles but also itself, no matter what all the panels from the pylon upward on either side of the trussy section need to be replaced (huge) and maybe pylon are not so good either for the load... definitely useless for the seismic factor but a 'secondary' bridge probably doesn't need very much seismic (but if you are making new, it would be better...)

what I remember reading is that these panels are reinforced concrete with steel cables, there are 24 cables in a section, 16 cables are needed to be intact for the panel to be strong enough to exist, one of the panels has only 15 intact cables and the rest are broken but they figure it is being held together because of the other panels pushing against it. Time to pray! :rotfl:

I keep hearing about this issue, and maybe there's something I just don't understand. Yes, after the Bridge teh A15/20 only has two lanes for a stretch of about 1-2 KM's, but it's not like all the people coming from the bridge go that way. A good 20% (maybe even 25%) of them get off towards downtown.

I tried to look this up for a discussion here a while ago. Best I can figure Bonaventure has 55 000 vpd and Champlain 160 000 vpd at the time, there is probably some 15-S -> Bonaventure traffic but I've done that a few times and there is never anyone there, probably the Clement Bridge sees 50 000 vpd at least then.

Modifié par Cyrus

La plupart des câbles de post-tension ont été changé au cours des dernières années, et ceux qui ne pouvait être changés ont été remplacé par de nouveaux câbles à des endroits différents sur les poutres.

Les poutres ne sont jamais en appui sur celles qui les suivent ou les précèdent.

@Cataclaw: Un bus, c'est un poids lourd. Un des pire stress imposé à nos pauvres routes.

Je crois bien q'il ne sera pas possible d'étirer la vie du pont Champlain bien longtemps.

Un jour, Les véhicules lourds (incluant les bus) ne devront plus circuler sur les voies latérales,

car la structure de ces dernières est la plus endommagée de l'ensemble du pont.

De plus, elle repose sur les chevêtres mal en point, plutôt que directement sur les piliers.

Il sera peut-être même nécessaire de les fermer, afin de garder la traversée sécuritaire.

Ce genre d'intervention est déjà nécessaire sur l'échangeur Turcot.

Une fois le nouveau pont construit,

l'ancien ne sera bon que pour être réduit en miettes et le recycler en matériaux de remplissage, par exemple.

La seule partie qui a mieux résisté au temps, est la section métallique du centre.

LOL on sait tous que c'est l'argent des metropoles qui fait asphalter la 6e rang de Saint Louis de Ha! Ha!

Right on. Le disours conservateurs sur le "siphonnage" de l'argent des régions est simpliste. Montréal c'est le moteur. Si le moteur est bloqué, le reste du char avancera pas. Pis tous les petits producteurs de cossins-machins qui viennent vendre leur bébelles en ville feront de moins bonnes affaires. Comme si laisser étouffer Montréal était bon pour les régions. Misère......:mad:

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/edito/2011/04/19/les-regions-vaches-a-lait-des-grandes-villes-au-pays-pardon/?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_bloguesaccueilcp_BO3_accueil_ECRAN1POS2

Point de vu très clair du premier ministre Harper. Je n'ai pas écouté le débat, mais si c'est bien ce qui c'est dit, les conservateurs ne feront pas de pont Champlain....

Y'auront pas le choix. Y tiendra pus longtemps anyway. Ils veulent juste pas avoir l'air de donner kèque chose au Québec. Ça paraîtrait mal aux yeux de leur base.

Et des gens d'ici veulent encore voter pour ce parti?

On parle de sécurité, de la sécurité des milliers de perosnnes qui passent sur ce pont. On joue avec des vies pour se faire élire. C'est dégeulasse.

Comment notre "cassette conservatrice" locale (mtlskyline) peut justifier ceci?

The Conservative government has been spending hundreds of millions on repairing the bridge in the past few years, and will spend hundreds of millions more over the next few years to ensure that the bridge remains safe for another 10 years. The federal government's only role here should be keeping the current one as safe and useable as possible while it is in power.

What people seem to be forgetting is that you can't just decide to go to Ikea to buy a bridge and assemble it. It requires a serious amount of planning. When the Liberals planned for the construction of the Champlain bridge in the late 50s, they neglected to properly design the bridge! They made quick decisions, and chose to deal with questionable companies! Look how it is falling apart compared with the superior designs and build quality of 30 and 100 years before!

At any rate, bridges should be a provincial responsibility. The funny thing is that I do not hear Jean Charest asking to take over the responsibility of bridges like the other provinces (excluding international/interprovincial)? I thought Quebec wanted more autonomy? I guess our provincial government gets to pick and choose when it is convenient, eh?

Gilbert: quoique je suis entièrement d'accord avec toi et j'aurais aimé un appuis du fédéral, ce n'est quand même pas si surprenant. La philosophie des conservateurs c'est réduire la taille du gouvernement et cela comporte des coupures dans les dépenses.

Taking tax dollars from elsewhere to help Montreal would constitute a form of "spreading the wealth" and conservatives are poignantly against this.

But this.. this is a matter of safety. If that bridge falls the blood of its victims will be on the hands of those who refused to act when there was still time.

I don't hear Jean Charest begging for Quebec to take over the management of the bridges like he begs for everything else?

The federal government is acting by repairing and reinforcing the existing bridge while a decision is made about building a new one (that should be up to Jean Charest).

I could just as easily say the blood of the victims would be on the hands of those who did not build a proper bridge to begin with (Louis St-Laurent and his Liberal government). Why are the Jacques-Cartier and Victoria Bridges so strong roughly 70 and 150 years after they opened while the Liberal-built Champlain crumbles?