900, rue Saint-Jacques – 62 étages

Feanaro

Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 3k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Vous allez me trouver trop sentimental mais je trouve super cool qu'ils aient gardé les quelques arbres du coin Sud-Ouest* au lieu de les avoir bêtement coupés comme ça a été le cas devant la BN.

* Ils avaient même essayé d'en garder un en l'insérant directement dans la palissade. 

il y a 18 minutes, KOOL a dit :

je trouve super cool qu'ils aient gardé les quelques arbres du coin Sud-Ouest* au lieu de les avoir bêtement coupés comme ça a été le cas devant la BN.

Les mentalités changent peu à peu dans cette direction et davantage d'efforts semblent être faits aujourd'hui pour préserver l'environnement paysager. C'est même parfois obligatoire selon la nature des contrats.

il y a 25 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

It looks like a scale model of the original Chernobyl sarcophagus mid-construction.

Ce qui est bien, si ça veut dire que le site sera à l'épreuve des infiltrations, comme pour l'autre  c'était pour prévenir les émanations.  Il me fallait bien trouver une "rationalisation" qui soit à la hauteur de ta comparaison...

• Haha 1

Il y a 11 heures, MARTY a dit :

As long as this doesn't happen like in China!!

This mostly happens because:

1) Contractors picking cheaper material to save cost and not telling anyone.

2) China has "ghost cities", where they build massive complexes 2-5 years before the resident arrives.

The second one is the most common cause. They often abandon the building for years, then the basement gets flooded after the pump fail and nobody notices. A few months later, it goes full Miami style collapse. That concrete isn't design to be submerged, it just rust, crack, let more water in, explode and fail.

The ghost cities are not totally wrong. It is massively more cost efficient to do it this way because the government can build subways and infrastructure on virgin ground. So by the time people arrive, they already have an extensive subway system, highways and high speed rails. 3 thing which are very costly to retrofit. The downside is obviously aggressive and unsupervised development of soviet style towers to kickstart the new urban center.

In this case, the podium is very large. It looks pretty future proof. The Dorchester is the current project which I am the least convinced by. The Enticy project next door dug their foundation deeper than the friction piles they used. The whole concept of friction pile is that they are held by... friction. Dig a hole next to it and kiss the friction bye-bye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Le 2021-09-09 à 11:21, mtlrdp a dit :

The foundation of this building is not very deep compared to the other major towers going up

I believe Canvar knows what they are doing. If I am not mistaken, they build and they keep. If you were to build your own house, I bet you would put more care into it than if it was to be sold right after completion.